Chapter Fourteen: Every War, Every Love

Finn's POV:

  A smile finds it's way onto my face. The plan worked and it had Bubblegum convinced I was dead.

  That was what I was so afraid about failing, and it worked.

  "I just can't believe it," I say.

  "I'm just stoked it worked, it was your acting that made it work," Adam says.

  "Well, your acting was quite good also. I can't believe you actually said that you wished Flame Princess was dead with a straight face,"

  "Neither can I, because I did not mean it,"

  Bubblegum walks into the room, "I finished the machine, I'll just have to test it out than you're free to g-, wait...," PB's eyes grow wide and she looks at me like I just raised from the dead, which to her I kind of did.

  "H-how did you? F-Finn?" Bubblegum stutters.

  I slowly stand up, "It was a plan so you would help Adam get home. I faked dying so you would focus on helping him."

  "How did you manage to do that?" she asks.

  I look at Adam and he nods for me to explain, "Okay, it's a long story. After our confrontation the last time, I ended up going home. I wasn't away for three days, during that time Adam and I were planning out what to do,"

  "I get that your were acting then, but I still don't understand how you faked dying so well," Bubblegum says.

  "I used a retractable knife and fake blood, it wasn't that hard to do. The hardest part was falling to the ground and holding my breath to act like I died," I say.

  Princess remains silent for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what I told her. "I guess your little plan worked then, you had me fooled."

  "I did what had to be done, and I don't regret it," I say.

  "Anyways, as I was saying. I do have the machine finished and after I run a few tests Adam can leave," she says.

  "How long until he has to leave?"

  "I would like him to leave in about a day, that way he can get home as soon as possible,"

  Adam nods.

  "Okay, well I guess we can go back to the Tree House and then say our goodbyes," I say.

  "Okay," Adam says quietly.

  "I'll give you a day and a half, since it is night now," PB says.

  "Okay," I start leading the walk back to the Tree House, Adam trailing close behind.

  We arrive at the Tree House just before 11:00 pm.

  I walk upstairs to the living room to check on Flame Princess. Adam sits down at the far end of the couch, and I walk over to her.

  I sigh, it makes me feel weird being able to watch her and her not being able to watch me. It's almost like looking out of an one way mirror; me looking out a her, but her not being able to look in.

  I am about to turn around when I see her eyes slowly open. They look more dull, but they still carry the same spark that I've missed.

  "Every single star is sparkling in your eyes,"