Chapter Eight: When It's All Said And Done

Finn's POV:

  Adam and I begin making our way out of the Fire Kingdom, I decide that I'll let him stay at my house.

  The longer I can keep him in Ooo the more I can find out about other humans. What are they like?

  "So," I say breaking the silence. "What's Earth like?"

  "It's a lot like this place, except we don't have people made out of fire or anything," Adam replies.

  "What are the other humans like?"

  "I don't know everyone on Earth, Finn, but every human is different. We have things in common, but different personalities,"

  "So it is a lot like this place," I state.

  "Just wondering, how'd you get here?" Adam asks.

  "I don't know, I've been here my whole life," I reply.

  "Hmm,"

  We continue walking, the more questions I ask the more confused I get. I'll just wait until later to ask anymore questions.

  We arrive at my house, well technically Jake's too, he's just rarely here anymore.

  I open the door and lead Adam upstairs to the living room.

  "So, uh, you can sleep on the couch," I say.

  "Okay,"

  "Are you, uh,... are you hungry?" I ask.

  "I guess," Adam replies

  I walk over to the ice chest and begin rummaging through it, I find something about two minutes of looking.

  "So is leftover spaghetti okay?" I ask standing up.

  "Yeah, it's fine,"

  "Cool, yeah, I'm gonna heat this up," I say walking off.

  Once the spaghetti is heated I use a large fork to ration it off into plates for the both of us. I then grab two smaller forks to eat with, out of the drawer.

  I go back into the living room and hand Adam the plate of spaghetti and a fork, then I head back into the kitchen to grab mine.

  "It would be so much easier with both arms," I think.

  I sit down on the opposite side of the couch and begin eating. Usually I wouldn't be so accepting of the silence, but I guess I've gotten used to it from being alone for a couple of months.

  I came to the conclusion that Adam doesn't talk much to begin with. So maybe getting him to answer my questions might be harder than I originally thought.

  "Maybe he's mad at me for punching him,"

  I shovel the remaining spaghetti into my mouth. After Adam's done I take both of our plates into the kitchen and place them in the sink. I then make sure the drain is plugged and run hot water over the dishes, then turn off the faucet.

  I walk into the living room not bothering to sit down, "Well, it's getting late."

  "Yeah," Adam says.