Chapter Four: The World Took A Spark

Finn's POV:

  Light flooded through the window.

  At least there were clear skies today.

  I had been awake for a while now, unable to sleep because I always had nightmares.

  They all tend to pale in comparison to the ones I had before hand.

  The dream is reoccurring, but every night it worsens. The surroundings get less hazy, the images get more graphic, and in every one she dies then I kill myself.

  I can't let my mind help but wonder that these may possibly be visions. That maybe they are quite so eerie that they can no longer be recollected as dreams.

  As my thoughts about them become more intense, I try to to think about it less and less.

  I guess I'm having some weird superstition that if I slow down my thought process, maybe if they come true, they will happen later on. They might give me time to come to the right choices before so.

  I slowly stand up, placing my hand on the window pane to steady myself. Both of my feet are numb.

  Once I've regained enough balance I hobble downstairs to rid the pins and needles.

  I sit down on the couch, more or less throw myself upon it.

  I've made up my mind, I'll see Flame Princess once I think of what to say to her.

  "I need to explain to her that we need to talk," I think.

  I quickly recounter that thought, "She wants honesty, I should tell her that I miss her."

  I groan in frustration, leaning farther back into the couch.

  I can't seem to make my mind up. Either I'm not honest and she sees through that, and winds up hating me. Or I'm honest and she thinks I'm crazy, and winds up hating me.

  Honesty is the best policy but is it worth it if we both end up hurt?

  I sigh and sit up, the only thing I can do is live for the moment.

  I'll try to say what feels right at that moment, and hopefully she'll believe that it's genuine.

  She'll never know how much I still love her, unless I say how I feel.

  She'll never know how much I still need her.

  I haven't been the same since the world took a spark; my spark.

Adam's POV:

  I keep clenching and unclenching my hurt hand, trying to alleviate the pain.

  My blood soaked through the cloth, staining it.

  I stand up and go to the bathroom and set my hurt hand on the side of the sink.

  Everything in her house is covered with ashes and soot; I'm guessing it was on fire like her at one time.

  I carefully unwrap my hand and examine it.

  In the center of my palm on my left hand is a nasty looking wound covered in blood.

  I turn on the faucet and place my hand underneath it, hot water touches my hand.

  I quickly jerk away, at least some of the dried blood washed away.

  I look down at my hand, there is a large jagged piece of glass sticking out. There are also a few small shards in it too.

  My knuckles are scratched on both hands.

  I clench my jaw trying not to scream as I carefully try to pull out the large piece of glass.

  A small wail escapes my mouth as the piece escapes my hand.

  Blood starts to course out, and a few drops land on the floor.

  I look through the cabinet for another piece of fabric.

  I find a piece and wrap my hand in it.

  I slowly take shaky steps until I head back to Flame Princess; she's my main priority.

  Her body temperature is getting warmer, and she's breathing well. Both good signs that she'll be okay.

  I sit down on the floor trying to steady my own breathing.

  After I pulled out the piece of glass I started feeling dizzy and weak.

  I hear a sound from behind me, and I look up at her.

  I see her red-orange eyes looking at me. They seem to glow and sparkle.

  "You... s... saved me," she chokes out.

  A small smile crosses my face, "Yeah, I did."

~Author's Note~

Hi, sorry if this part is really boring. The next part will be more action packed. Either way let me know your opinions, do you like it or hate it? Vote and comment. Thanks for reading!! *I'll try to have chapter 5 up on either Saturday or Sunday*

Question Time: Who should be with Flame Princess? :)

•Finn

•Adam

•neither