Chapter Three: Skies That Burst Open

Finn's POV:

  I went inside and sat down on the couch.

  I couldn't help but think about all the memories I had with her.

  I remember all the good times when we'd talk for hours.

  I remember all the bad times when she'd come to me depressed, or how I'd end up getting burned.

  I remember the last day I saw her, how she spoke to me softly. How she kissed me on the cheek.

  How she handed me a note and told me to read it, whenever I built up the strength.

  I still haven't read it, I need to.

  I go upstairs to my nightstand and rummage through the drawer until I find the note.

  I sit on the edge of my bed and look down at the note in my hand.

  I carefully unfold the creases until I see the font; her handwriting.

  It's written in red ink on smooth, fragile paper.

  I take in a deep breath, than I begin to read.

      Dear Finn,

  It's probably been months since we've talked; I'm not for certain thoughI'm sure you're rather confused as to why I left, so I'm hoping this letter will help you come to some type of conclusionI remember when I met you, how I thought you were trying to impede meI'm shocked you didn't think I was a psychoInstead you tried to prove that I wasn't evil, and still to this day I am not certain of if I amI just cannot thank you enough for all the good times we shared.

  I felt a smile find its way onto my face. I continued to read.

  Unfortunately those times did not last foreverI truly thought that I could trust you, but you used my personal information against meIt made me feel like you didn't care; almost like you hated me.