Chapter Seven: Cause We're Burning Bright

Finn's POV:

  I stared at the fire all around me, every time I come here it feels more ethereal.

  What truly shocks me is that there is no smoke billowing. Nothing, nothing to engulf my lungs. It's actually easy to breathe.

  We walk down the path that leads to the Flame Palace.

  Flame Princess stops short and turns around, "I don't know if I want to bring you inside."

  "We can help you," I say.

  "I don't know, it might be bad once we get inside."

  "I doubt it, isn't Cinnamon Bun here?" I question.

  "Yeah...,"

  I cut her off, "You've been gone how long?"

  "About a day," she replies.

  "See, it'll be fine. The least we can do is help,"

  "Fine,"

  We walk closer, the guards outside the main entrance bow down at Flame Princess's presence.

  We walk inside and walk down a corridor into the main room.

  There are a few fire elementals talking amongst themselves, but other than that everything seems calm.

  "Well, it seems okay," Flame Princess says.

  "Yeah, anything we can do to help?"

  "I guess you can, uh, make sure everyone's doing there jobs,"

  "Nice," I latch onto Adam's arm and pull him out of the room. 

Adam's POV:

  We walk down a few hallways, looking in rooms that we find.

  I let my fingertips brush up against the side of the walls. I try to remain silent the whole time.

  I have no idea what I'd say to Finn, I mean he beat me up. "Great way to start off a friendship." Also I couldn't tell him about what Flame Princess and I did. "Yeah I kissed you ex, what do you think about that?"
  The only thing I could tell him about is Earth, considering he wants to know more about humans.

  "So, since you aren't from here, where are you from?" he asks as we enter another room.

  "Earth, like I said, it's full of humans," I reply.

  "Earth," he repeats.

  We take a look around the room to see if things are in order, then we walk back out into the hallway.

  "Let's head back to Flame Princess," he says.

  I nod.

  We walk back to the main room in silence. It appears most of the fire people are united here.

  "Everything's fine FP," Finn says to her.

  "Thanks," she says walking over.

  "I guess we better head to my house," he says.

  "Yeah, well see you," she gives Finn a hug.

  She then gives me a hug. "Thanks for saving me," she says softly.

  "No problem," my voice cracks.

  She kisses me on the cheek, then walks away.

~Author's Note~

  Hi, sorry for the lack of updates in a while.

I like to try to update every couple of days and I got writer's block. I'll try to update again later either on this or "Remember? (Adam Young Fan Fiction)" Either way, I'll make up for it. Thanks for reading :)