The Beat Of A Heart

(A/N)- I'm so sorry! I haven't posted in forever and now I am finally! Soooooo HERE IT IS! (sorry again)

(Your POV)

"I can't believe Thanksgiving break is already over!" I faked cried next to an annoyed kyouya.

"Shut up, would you? And focus on what you're doing." kyouya scolded while I had a meltdown  in his kitchen. I glared at him and stood up, while continuing to stir the noddles. Kyouya glanced into the pan and watched while the steam rose from the broth. "What are you cooking anyways? It looks like crap." I put a hand to my chest and gasped in shock while turning to him.

"This art right here is not crap! It's called instant ramen and I'll have you know it is a fine work that has descended from the food gods!" I twirled around while holding the holy packaging. "Of course I wouldn't be surprised if someone like you didn't understand. You're a pure demon who crawled its way up from hell."  kyouya gave a soft 'Tch' before flicking me on the head.

"Stop talking as if you're so great. Just the other day you almost attacked a man for cutting in the grocery line." I glared at the boiling noodles in anger as I remembered the day.

"Whatever. That old man deserves what he's got coming for him. We were there first and were waiting forever! He should of just waited his turn! Anyways, I am going to have to go into school early because of party's for the sports team. I am on cleaning duty so I won't be showing up in your apartment."

"About that, stop coming through the balcony door to enter my home. I'm going to start locking it." he claimed while going to sit down on his bed. I smirked at his words and walked over to him leaving the ramen on the stove.

"Sure you are. Why didn't you do that before? I think because deep, deep down you actually like me." I poked his chest in temptation while grinning. He looked away while rolling his eyes and mumbling a 'whatever' before his eyes widened in surprise as he pointed to the stove.

"(Y/N)! the noddles are on fire!" I turned around startled and screamed while running towards them.

"How is that even possible!" I quickly put the oven mitts on while rushing to the burning noodles. As for kyouya was trying to stop the deafening noise coming from the smoke detector. I turned the kitchen faucet on and poured it over the small fire. Smoke rose everywhere as I opened the balcony doors. The beeping stopped and I turned the faucet back off while breathing in a sigh of relief before looking towards kyouya.

"(Y/N)." He said warningly.

"Hehe sorry?"

(Timeskip to school)

I sighed as I walked to the nurses office, holding my left wrist.

"Im so stupid," I muttered quietly to myself while replaying what happened.

(Flashback)

"Here! I'll get it!" I exclaimed while walking over to the bookshelf.

"Are you sure?" Aika asked in disbelief. "You're pretty short I doubt you will be able to reach the top shelf. Especially if I can't reach." I sent a glare towards the brunette, signaling for her to shut up. I guess she did have a point though. She is pretty tall for her age. I shook my head and smiled.

"Just watch as I use my magical ninja skills!" I advanced towards the bookshelf and stared it down. "Alright. Its me and you now." I muttered to it.

"Um (Y/N)? Are you sure you've got this?" Himeko, a black haired girl asked. I looked at her and smirked.

"Hush dear child and let the skillful ninja take care of this." I looked back towards the bookshelf and then....... Jumped! I jumped onto the third shelf's ledge and held onto the fourth shelf's ledge. There were six shelves in total so I just had to jump a couple more to reach the top shelf. I lifted my leg onto the fourth shelf's ledge and grabbed onto the fifth shelf's ledge. I continued this pattern once more until I had my hands on the top shelf. I grinned and reached for the book. Being successful I stupidly held the book in the air. My foot lost its grip as I fell backwards and landed on my wrist. Apparently I could not take care of this.

(End of Flashback)

I whined as I walked through the outside hallway. I took notice of kyouya next to a brown haired girl.

"Erika?" I whispered while squinting my eyes to get a better look. I shook my head and saw that it wasn't Erika but just another high schooler.

"I like you!" I heard the girl say. I widened my eyes as I saw the scene play out. What's this feeling I'm getting? Could it be, jealousy? Wait, why am I jealous? I don't even like kyouya. Do I?

"I'm sorry. But I already have a girlfriend." Kyouya stated with his princely aura floated around him. Of course. He has Erika. How could I be so dumb. Does he even like Erika? The other day he told me he was bored of her yet he still stays. I guess it's because of their deal. But what's the point of keeping me around. We don't really have a deal. Or do we? How did we meet again? I was awaken from my thoughts by someone snapping there fingers in front of my face.

"Oi, what are you doing just staring?" I looked up to see kyouya looking at me. I shook my head and remembered my mission.

"Sorry, I just spaced. Anyways I'll be going."

"Where to?"

"Oh, uh, the nurse. I accidentally fell and hurt my wrist." I responded, showing him my jacked up hand.

"Lets go then." Kyouya said taking my other wrist and leading the way.

"W-what?" I stated, blushing ferociously

"You need to go to the nurse right?" he spoke.

'Badump'

"So then,"

'Badump'

"Lets go."

'Badump, Badump, Badump, Beep----------------'

Oh Kyouya......

What are you doing to me?