Memories of the Past

(A/n) Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the reads and comments. I really love all of them and I also just wanted to put in some music to play while you read. Thank you again and start playing the music!

(Your POV)

"I would advise you to keep your hands to yourself." I threatened, glaring daggers at the flirtatious girl with short maroon hair and sharp brown eyes. She returned the stare and turned back to kyouya.

"You should definitely leave her now. Look at the way she treated me!" The girl whined, putting on a pouty face. I widened my eyes, terrified of kyouya going with the slut in front of me.

"K-kyouya?" I stammered, scared to speak. The girl lit up at the name and smiled.

"Kyouya! I thought you looked familiar. Remember me? Rena! I could never forget a face like yours! I'm sure you remember me now too! And not just my face~" Rena winked at kyouya. Said guy in return got startled, as if he thought of something frightening. "Why haven't you called? We still haven't done round two you know~"

"Kyouya? What does she mean?" I asked warily, hoping what I thought wasn't true. Rena looked at me and smirked, pulling kyouya close to her.

"You don't know? Me and kyouya used to be an item." Kyouya pushed her away and looked to the side.

"It was one night."

"A beautiful one night. Anyways why don't we ditch this place and go back to my house," my heart stopped in that moment as a memory made its way into my mind. A memory I would rather forget.

(Flashback)

A little 8 year-old girl with (E/c) eyes and (H/c) hair slowly peeked into her mother and fathers room. Seeing her dad sitting on the bed, she was getting ready to jump into his arms, until a woman whom she's never seen before came out of the bathroom and sat next to her father. The woman had shimmering hair the color of the soil that laid beneath the ground. Eyes as dark as a deep well, that when you looked up, you could see a night sky. Even though she smiled, you could see darkness and the lies she tells through her lips. Rubbing the girls father on the shoulder with one hand, she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Why don't we ditch this place and go back to my house." Her soft words and angelic voice hid the devil she held back. She got off the bed and smoothed out her long, black, sleeveless dress and grabbed the mans hand getting him off too. He smiled as little (Y/n)'s eyes began to water. Even still being young she knew, her father was having an affair.

She ran out of the hallway and to her room before she could be discovered and closed her door. leaning against the door and covering her mouth to hide her sobs, she slowly fell onto the floor. She continued to cry, eventually falling asleep until the next morning. When getting out of her room, eyes puffy, she headed to her parents room only to hear fighting. Slowly peaking once more, she saw both of her parents. Tears were streaming down her mothers face as she yelled at her father.

"How could you do this!? To me? To your own kids!"

"You couldn't keep me happy! I love another woman!"

"So that gives you the right to cheat! You could've divorced first but no, you had to go and get a mistress!" They both continued to fight until  (Y/n) walked through the door.

"Mommy? Daddy?" They both looked at her surprised.

"(Y/n) darling, please." Her mother started.

"Are you and daddy okay?" Her mother started to cry more as her father stood emotionless and finally started to walk out. (Y/n), frightened, grabbed onto the hem of her fathers shirt and held it.

"Daddy? Where are you going?" Her father looked back at the little girl and took her grip off of him.

"Im leaving." He spoke and then continued to exit.

"What? Wait no! Please wait!" Her mother spoke, falling onto her knees crying. (Y/n) started to run after her father into the living room. When entering the room, she saw her little 4 year-old brother crying on the floor and the front door wide open. She quickly ran out of the house and after her father who started to get into his car.

"Daddy! Please wait!" She called out, still running until tripping over a crack in the side walk. She looked up and saw her father, tears in his eyes, take one last glance at the girl and smile.

"Im sorry," With that he continued on and started to drive away ignoring the little girl's pleas to stay. She continued to cry on the sidewalk as reality stuck her. Her father was gone.

(End of Flashback)

Tears fell from my eyes as I clenched my heart.

"N-no. Not again. Please, god no." I whimpered before running off, while kyouya tried to call after me. No. Not again. I kept on running through the crowd of people until I came to a clearing near a lake, no one else in sight and sat down. Tears continued to stream down my face as I remember the day my father left us.

Of course Kyouya would have slept with her. He was a player. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I jumped and turned around. Looking at the person, I came face to face with kyouya. I scooted away and looked at the ground. No words were spoken between us as we continued to take in the silence.

"I'm scared kyouya," I finally spoke. Said guy looked up and stared at me

"Why did you run." I sighed and looked up at the stars, avoiding eye contact.

"Seeing that girl with you, brought back some memories I've been trying to hide away. I've loved being your girlfriend but ever since we've started dating, my phobias from when I was a kid slowly started to come back. Im just scared that one day, you'll leave me for someone else." he stared at me before pulling me into his arms. I stiffened, then relaxed, and let out all of my feelings. "Ever since my dad left my mother for another woman, I've always been scared, just like you. Thinking of people leaving me hurts. I don't want to go through that pain  like my mother did.

"My parents are divorced too." He spoke softly. I lent back a little to look at him as he made eye contact.

"R-really?" Kyouya nodded, before leaving my gaze to look up at the sky just as I did.

"They both were busy with work and soon grew apart." he didn't explain much, but I could feel, behind his eyes, all the pain he went through. Just like me. I smiled before moving back into his chest.

"You know, I'm glad I met you. even though you can be cold, and I have know idea what you're thinking most of the time. I feel like you really empathies with me." I could feel him nod against my head and then take in a sigh. With the atmosphere becoming much calmer, I smiled, conveying  the freshness of our surroundings and closing my eyes. Kyouya. My one and only.