Suspension // Ezekiel Elliott

Hello guys! Wow it's been so long, sorry for not posting in a while but I'm back so expect new short stories from now on.
~~~~~~
Maya
It's been a stressful week for both me and my boyfriend Ezekiel, well more for him. About a year ago, when zeke and I were broken up, he went to a party with a girl he was hooking up with.
(Side note: lets pretend they weren't dating lol)
Well long story short, the girl, Tiffany, accused Zeke of domestic violence. She posted pictures on her Instagram of the bruises he supposedly left her but I know Zeke and I know that he would never lay a hand on a woman like that. The NFL has taken over the case now and is trying to make Zeke plead guilty and take a 6 game suspension, but because Zeke is innocent which has been proven with numerous of messages from Tiffany telling her friends to lie to the cops and her sending messages to Zeke saying no one would believe him because he was a "black man", they are still up his ass about it and want him to take the plea.

So here I am, sitting down on my white suede couch, in the apartment I share with Zeke trying to figure out what to do after yet another injunction has been denied.

"Are you hungry babe?"
I ask Zeke as he walks into the living room and sits next to me. I lean into his chest and he puts an arm around me.

"No, I do have a headache though; dealing with all the court stuff is making my head hurt"

I frown and look up at him
"I know babe but you have to keep fighting to prove your innocence, she can't just get away with this"

"I know but I'm getting fed up with this bullshit"
He sits up, puts his knees on his thighs and head in his hand while I rub his back. They literally have zero proof and they're still poking at him.

"I never know if the game I play will be my last one for a while, I can't let this team down. I don't know what to do Maya, some are telling me to take the 6 game suspension so I can play a few games before playoffs but how can I do that knowing that I'm innocent? Knowing that maybe if I just fought once more they would finally accept my appeal and I'll be able to play for the rest of the season and hopefully go to playoffs with my boys"

"I know baby, I know it's a tough choice but at the end of the day you're the one that isn't going to be playing for 6 games so whatever decision you make, make sure it's the one that you think is right; don't let anyone pressure you into making a decision."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before zeke got a phone call.

"It's my lawyer, I'll be back."
He stood up and walked into the kitchen. I hope they didn't deny his injunction, he doesn't deserve what's happening to him.

A few minutes later zeke walked out the kitchen and sat back down next to me.

"They denied it again, so I'm withdrawing the appeal of suspension"
He said quietly as he looked over at me.

"Zeke, I'm sorry, none of this would've happened if I didn't break things off with you. If I would've looked passed the long distance you wouldn't be going through this."

I couldn't help but think it was my fault, I broke things off with zeke because we went to different school in different states and I would barely see him.

"Maya don't think like that baby, it's not your fault; it's mine for hooking up with that girl. The break up was hard on me so I needed something to take the pain away but instead of using her I should've called you or shown up at your doorstep and fought for you because I don't know where I would be without you Maya. You keep me grounded, you push me and make sure I'm always doing my best; You're everything I could ever ask for and me withdrawing this appeal will help me relax and clear my head so when I get back on that field I will be better than I was before."

I grabbed his cheeks and gave him a long passionate kiss.

"I love you so much Maya, believe me when I say it baby"

I gave zeke a smile and nuzzled my head in his neck, giving him a hug.

"I love you too Zeke"

"Come on baby, lets go to bed"

Zeke pulled me up, picked me up bridal style and walked up to our bedroom.

"Zeke this is so unnecessary, I can walk you know?"
I giggled and he gave me a cheesy smile.

"I know"
He gave me a kiss as we walked into our room and laid me down on the bed.

The rest of the night was spent with me wrapped in Ezekiel's arms, sleeping peacefully now that everything was settled; these were the nights I craved the most.

~~~~~
Well thats it for this one, I know it's not the best but I felt I owed you guys one so I quickly whipped this one up. Don't forget to give it a star and comment and give me some ideas for others.
919 words