Chapter 2 - Dr Zubiya is cared for....

Asfand went to office and checked the status of all the patient and by then the night duty doctors arrived. He told them that there was an incident in which Dr Zubia has been injured and he will be staying back. He told them all not to worry as this incident was related to Bahadur and Khajista case and as such, it will be handled by the authorities. They doctors were shocked but they knew that Bahadur was bad blood and after a few minutes they all went to the respective duties. Asfand went to his room and he was in a turmoil. He loved her so much, he felt numb just like he felt when he saw Daniyal and knew he could not let anything bad happen to his Zubia. He had saved her once, and fate bought her back to him, Allah had a reason, they were meant for each other, he had to convince her, show his love and make her his Zubia. How was he going to do that? She is very stubborn and naive at the same time and he loved her all the more for it. She was his life now, he had to show her how much she meant to him, to convince her to marry him. He knew he could.

He smiled remembering their first encounters when she would stare at him angrily, and called him "Hitler". He laughed remembering the time he told her she was "skinny" and she glared at him. But he also knew that she loved him from her call last week and today she jumped in front of him and did not care but saved his life. He felt a tear, and anger at the same time for allowing it to happen. "Alkah, Zubiya is my life now, please be there for her and me", he prayed. I need her in my life, and he wanted to make her happy. Suddenly he felt like talking to her Khala, he looked up her emergency contact and he dialed her number. He introduced himself as a friend and said that he wanted to know where Zubiya was. Khala told him about her job and what a wonderful girl she was, always sending her money and giving her love. Khala told Asfand,

"Beta meri Zubia, ithna achi larki thi, usko Allah kabhi pura ka pura kushi dena chaiya, yeh larki ithna dukh unka zindagi mey dekhtia abhi usko pura kushi hona chaiyie". Asfand asked why she left Karachi, and Khala told him how she was abused by her brother and sister-in-law.....how they beat her and verbally abused her. Her sister-in-law was a very bad lady who was jealous of Zubiya and compromised her character by spreading bad rumors about Zubiya to the entire khandaan. Zubiya bore it all, but after her Father died, she could not take the galiyas anymore and one night they threw her out of her own home.

Asfand was stunned to hear all this. He could imagine the pain that Zubiya had gone through in her young life. He just wanted to wipe out all the pain. He got up and went quickly to her room. He entered and saw the nurse, checking on her. He waited and then told the nurse, he will be there. He walked up to her and he could not control himself, he touched her hand and then bent down and fully aware of what he was doing, kissed her cheek very slowly. He sat by the side of her bed and looking at her. The lights were dim and he could feel a slight shiver in her body. He sensed that she was slowly coming out of anesthesia. He sat on the edge of the bed looking at her and caressing her hand. In his mind Zubiya was already his wife and he was firm about marrying her. His love for her was immense, he never felt this kind of feeling before, all he wanted was to hold her in his arms. He knew he was not doing anything wrong, he loved her and knew she was "his" Zubiya. Zubiya's hand was twitching and he heard her murmur something, he bend slightly to listen and heard her say his name, and then "ammi"....he saw her frown and tears roll down her closed eyes, she was slowly coming out of the anesthesia but was still not conscious. In her subconscious state she was going through some strong emotions.

Asfand felt her hand to be warm, he got up and checked her temperature, which was high. He called the nurse for meds and injected in her iv. She was still trying to come out of anesthesia. Asfand stood by the window and moved the curtains. It was a beautiful full moon night and the sky was clear. He turned and looked at Zubia lying and opened the curtains a bit, he wanted the to moonlight to enter the room. Suddenly he felt very tired. He pulled his shirt out, removed his shoes and lay on the couch. The nurse walked in with a pillow and blanket for him, he set his phone alarm for an hour. He also saw a quick text from Getti bhabhi that they were all leaving early tomorrow to go to Zubia's Khala's house. He smiled and closed his eyes.