Chapter 5 - Betrothed

Back to Zubiya and Asfand as they sat on the park bench_

Zubia looked at Asfand and noticed his serious demeanor. He put his hands in his pocket and pulled out her student Id. "Zubiya, mai tumse bohut pyaar karta hoon, I NEED you in my life..... I know you love me too, and I want to tell you that it hurts me when you say you don't want to marry at all", .....
"whether you like it or not we are connected from a past and you came here all the way, Allah has a reason and that reason is for us to forget our past sadness and begin fresh life", ....
"and you need to trust me" and he gives the id card to her. Zubiya turns cold and almost faints. Asfand holds her tightly. Tears fall from her eyes as she remembers that day and she covers her face with her hands. Asfand lets her cry for a few moments and then he cannot bear to see her sadness, he quickly comes next to her and turns her towards him and hugs her. She allows him to hold her while she sobs softly. While holding her he tells her that he spoke to her Khala and he knows the pain and hardship she underwent and what she has achieved through all that made her a wonderful, strong woman and a doctor who saved lives. He was proud of her and told her that he needed her in his life to give him the same strength. Zubiya was listening and but tears flowed and finally she feels strength seeping through his hug as he held her tightly. Slowly she break free but he continues to hold her fingers and looks at her and says "let's go home" They walk back, Asfand holding Zubiya's hand, and once they reach home, Zubiya walks to the room and tears fall. She is crying thinking not of her past but more afraid that her brother and his family will once again humiliate her in front of Asfand.

Asfand walks up to her, "Zubiya, I have spoken to your Khala, and abhi , mumma and Baba are visiting her and later today sub log idhar ayega", "sirf ek simple shaadi hum dono kileye kafi hai", "Mai tumse bohut pyaar karta hoon, mera zindagi tumare saath hone chayiye", " Meri baat suno Zubiya". Zubiya listens quietly. She feels her ammi and abi have guided her here to be with Asfandyar who himself went through lot of pain and their fate, journey started 7 years ago. She looks at him and smiles. "Shaadi karoge mujse?" Asfand asks her. This time she nods her head and says "JI" while looking at him. Both their eyes light up with joy and laughter at the same time. "Pyaar karta mujse?" Asfand asks Zubiya. She nods shyly and says "bohut!" Asfand cannot hide his joy anymore, he holds her in his arms and cherishes the few moments. Slowly he lets go of her and she sits on the bed. Suddenly she feels weary. "Your iron levels are low Zubiya let me get you something to drink", Asfand leaves her to grab some apple pomagranate juice. Zubiya feels she is in a different world altogether. "Rest for sometime", he says, pulling the covers over her and leaves. Zubia feels a huge relief and settles down to rest. She thanks Allah for giving her a new family after she lost her own. She is no longer unhappy or sad, she is not an orphan anymore, Asfand's mom, dad, Getti and Siam are her family. Allah has blessed her. She closes her eyes and snoozes off.

Meanwhile Asfand is so happy, he decides to bake a cake for his Zubia

Meanwhile Asfand is so happy, he decides to bake a cake for his Zubia. The cook finishes her cooking and leaves. It is now almost 2 p and Zubia is still sleeping. It is like all her burdens has been removed she is catching up on all her sleepless nights. For a few moments Asfand stands quietly watching her sleep peacefully. But he knows she needs to eat and he remembers her telling the cook easily, "Asfand likes aloo paratha", just like she was his wife already. They both shared a deep bond, although separated by distance and not even aware of each other's existence after that chance meeting, they still were connected spiritually and that realization has happened now.

Asfand gently touches her and she opens her eyes and smiles with a certain inexplicable love that his heart skips a beat. "Zubiyaaa" he says her name and she extends her arm to his..... he helps her up and she winces slightly as the stitches hurt her. Her hair is all toussled she looks adorably sexy. Asfand smiles at her and says it's gonna be very hard for him to stay sane for next 3 days. She blushes and holds his hand tightly.
"Lets have lunch he says. I am hungry". He helps her up and they go to the kitchen. And Zubiya takes over. She serves him and sits beside him for a change and does not feel uneasy any more. She has accepted her future with Asfand knowing that he too has accepted her, loved her with deep care and respect. The respect he has for her speaks for his immense love and care he has for her and this gives her the strength she needed. He breaks the parathas, dips it in thick yogurt and feeds her first. She munches happily. They enjoy their meal in silence and Asfand can't help but quickly give her a peck on her cheek. She blushes and he finds it adorable. This time she makes the chai for them "mmmm very very good" he enjoys each sip.

They come to the living room and sit on the couch. Asfand who was working while Zubia slept is now drowsy. He lays his head on Zubiya's lap and quickly dozes off. Zubiya too quietly shuts her eyes to control her nerves. They hear some voices outside and wake up. The whole family is back and Asfand goes out to greet them all. Getti and Lubna Aunti enter quickly and seeing Zubie they hug her and kiss her. Soon Khala enters and she cries seeing Zubia. She does not know that Zubiya is hurt. Zubiya had begged Asfand to tell his family not to share the news w Khala. They are all so happy together.

Getti bhabhi goes to make chai and Asfand helps her. He then gets the cake and they have samosas too. Everyone is happily discussing the upcoming wedding. Dr Sheroze and Dr Asifa stop by too .....Getti had already shopped for some dresses for Zubiya and it was it be delivered on Friday. Suddenly the house was filled with joy, warmth and love. Zubiya felt Asfand's gaze on her and she looks up to see him look lovingly at her. She too looks at him and he could see through her shining eyes the love she has for him. Soon they all have dinner and Khala goes to the guest room to rest for the night. Asfand has one big truth to share with Zubiya and he does not know when to share with her. He ponders about it. Zubiya watches him questions him with her eyes. He looks at her deeply but says nothing. Getti comes to Zubiya's room and they giggle and talk about how happy they both are to finally become sisters.