Chapter 11 - Her Asfand

Zubiya's cousin's wife was stunned staring at the gift she received from Zubiya. She remembered how she had insulted Zubiya's when she was a guest at their house, and inspite of her rude behavior towards Zubiya, the girl had given her such a precious gift belonging to her mother.
She thanked her and felt ashamed of her behavior but still could not bring herself to apologize to Zubiya. Zubiya hugged her and told her to take good care of herself. Her sister in law accidently pressed Zubiya on her surgical wound as she hugged her and Zubiya felt enormous pain and she winced but did not say anything as Khala was there. She stayed silent and walked them both out as breakfast was soon to be served. Asfand saw her pale face and sensed something was not right and he came up to her and looked at her questioningly.

She softly said "I need to check the incision" and she went into their room.
She went to the restroom and she heard Asfand come in. He sat down on tub rim, turned her towards him and lowered her pyjamas to look at the incision and noted it sore, and swelling.
"I will get the antibiotics injections now. There is a mild infection Zubi" He knew that she needed to rest more. He was not worried but the last few hectic days were delaying the healing process. He felt a bit annoyed to see his wife going through all this pain. He pulled her close to him, and pressed his face on her stomach and just held her. Zubiya touched his face and wanted to kiss him too. Instead she just held on to him and then felt him kissing her stomach. It was a very pleasant feeling, she just wanted to be with him and spend some quiet time with him. Then Asfand looked up at her and saw her looking at him intently. Slowly he stood still holding her close to him. "I love you, Zubiya" he said and touched her lips and the next moment he bent and kissed her softly, very gently and held her firmly to himself. Zubiya did not shy away. This man was her husband who was chosen for her by Allah, they were meant to create a whole new generation, she clung to him and  closed her eyes, loving his firm hold on her. Asfand held her and could not seem to free himself from her. Then he raised his face and looked at her in the mirror, they both looked so beautiful in love, it was a gorgeous sight. And while still looking at her in the mirror, he bent and kissed her again on her cheeks and watched her smiling at him in the mirror all the time holding on to him. They looked so content in each other, the sorrows of the past was now a distant dream.

They heard a knock on the door and heard Getti Bhabhi's voice. "Come in" Asfand said, " Bhabhi I am going to the hospital pharmacy to get Zubiya some antibiotics shots, I will come for breakfast later, you all carry on, and Bhabhi thank you for everything you did for Zubiya and me, and for the wedding arrangements and your love", he walked up to her, and hugged his Bhabhi. Getti smiled at him for she loved Asfand very much. She hugged him too.

He went out, meanwhile the rest gathered for a wonderful breakfast which cook had prepared "Zabardast" Mr Usman said praising their new daughter in law. Saim too loved puris and he ate it with his Nutella spread.
"Asfi khahan hai Bhai?", momma asked. 
"Ek important kham tha hospital chelagai, abhi vapas ayega" Getti responded.

"Zubiya, beta, eat a bit more"  Khala said and gave her another puri: and from the other side, her momma served her some egg masala. Zubiya felt very full, but smiled and ate it all, hoping she will not get sick. She soon excused herself saying she will prepare chai for all and went to the kitchen, and could hear her brother saying
"Zubiya's chai is very special, bohut Maaza aatha hai.... I have never drunk chai like hers anywhere"
Zubiya smiled, how her brother used to drink two cups whenever she prepared chai.

She prepared a large pot for everyone and cook took it to the living room to serve for all, and maid started to clear away the breakfast table. Asfand was not back yet. She seemed to miss him, even if it were for a few minutes and smiled to herself and could still feel his lips on hers. She shivered slightly. She went to the living room and sat next to her mother inlaw, who smiled lovingly at her.
"Both my daughters are so beautiful and they make the best chai", she smiling said. "Allah ko lakh lakh shukriya" she said and thanked Rehan for coming. She asked him to come often to visit and to bring his family next time.
"Zaroor Aunti" Rehan responded, smiling at Zubiya. He too noted that she looked slightly pale and was concerned.  He asked to be excused because he wanted to talk to Zubiya in private for a few minutes before he left. They all nodded and he and Zubiya went to library together. Rehan Bhai, asked Zubiya if she was alright as she slightly grimmaced as she sat on the chair. Zubiya nodded silently. She did not wish to share any information with him, knowing that he would become very concerned and she knew he did not have a supportive wife and her Bhabhi not give her brother the emotional support he needed. She smiled at him and said, he had small discomfort but will recover soon. She also requested that he come often to visit her and to bring her nephew Arham and he would have company with Siam too.