Returning

The return of Rose and the princess was a shock to everyone, but I ignored it. 

I went to practice, and didn't speak much. I felt like crying. I remembered my 7th birthday, over and over again, it haunted me.

Dimitri noticed my silence, and my lack of coordination. He looked like he was almost dissapointed.

"Alice, is everything okay? You seem to be distracted."

I shrugged, continuing to practice staking the dummies.

"Alice, speak to me." His voice was full of authority, and I knew I should listen, but instead I just staked the dummies harder.

"Alice. Stop." His voice was so full of command, I couldn't say no. I dropped the stake to the ground, and took a step back, hardening my face.

"Look at me." He said. I turned to him, expressionless.  "Alice, what is wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. Just leave me alone."

"I can't. as your mentor, it is my duty to make sure you are okay. This is my business. And it is affecting my training."

"There's nothing you can do about it!" I yelled. I could see the hurt in his eyes. "Not even you can!" I took another step back, then turned to walk away, but he grabbed me.

"Alice, you need to stop it! This isn't you!" He yelled back.

I yanked free of his grasp. "It is!"

He grabbed me, pinning me down. "Alice, you need to listen to me. This isn't you. Where is the girl I know? Where is she? Because this isn't you." His voice was soft.

Before I could answer, I realized Dimitri had kissed me. 

He pulled back. "Alice, come back to me. Please."

I went limp, and darkness came to me. 

I passed out.