Home

We finally arrived at Olena's home, and made our way inside.

It was beautiful! In the living room -I remember reading about the adventure books that Dimitri carefully read as a child- was the bookshelf full of the books. 

I stepped softly into the room, and ran my fingertips lightly along the spines.

"I used to love those as a kid..." Dimitri's voice was filled with nostalgia. 

I turned around to him. "Yeah... I read about them. The adventure books that began your lifetime as a cowboy, huh, comrade?"

He laughed quietly. "Do you want to see where we're staying?"

"Here, duh." I said.

"No, in my old room. It's the same from the last time I stayed here, which was awhile ago." Dimitri took my hand, and led me through the halls. 

We entered a door, and it looked like a normal bedroom, except for the small sized duster hung in the closet.

I went over to it, and slipped it on. Surprisingly, it fit perfectly.

"I'm comrade!" I said in a mock of Dimitri's voice. "I like keeping rowdy criminals in order!"

He laughed, and came over to me, his own duster flowing behind him.

"I figured you'd want one too, the be like your badass boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes, but kept it on. "Thank you love."

I pressed my lips to his, soft, then plopped down onto the bed.

"What's for dinner?"

"Food."

I rolled my eyes. "'Can I have some?"

"No."

"No?" I snickered.

"Nope. I'm gonna let you starve to death, so you become weak, then fight Strigoi."

He expected me to laugh, but I didn't. 

He noticed the change in my demeanor, and looked at me.

"Alice?"

I stood, and grabbed my stake out of my leather strap, and Dimitri did the same.

Strigoi.

I could feel it in my stomach.

Silently, I stood, and went out the door.

Everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves in the living room.

"Just act normal." I whispered to Dimitri.

Quietly, we snuck out the door, and there was a Strigoi lurking by the window.

Not stopping, I rushed up behind it, but only got a swipe on it's back before it turned around and threw me to the ground.

I heard Dimitri grappling with his own, and I jumped up.

I got another swipe, this time on his cheek.

"Aaaaaaarrrggggghhhhh" the Strigoi screamed, half in pain, half in fury, and swung at me.

Dodging it, I quickly stepped in with my stake, and killed him.

After the Strigoi were dead, we went inside, and I wasn't hungry, so I went to sleep, comfortable next to Dimitri, and waiting to see what would happen next in our story.

Because even thought it's been written out, it can change.

A/N

Hey guys!!! Thank you so much for being so supportive of this book!!!! Comment or send me a message of whether or not you think I should do a second book, maybe with them back at the academy? I don't know! It's been on my mind but yeah! Totally comment vote and follow!!! 

XOXO, Angel