Things were looking up

(A/n: if you saw the chapter before it was republished, I published it by mistake before it was properly edited. This is the proper version)
Frank woke up with Gerard lying on top of him, his soft black hair falling over his face and the little breaths he let out tickling Frank's chest.

He looked adorable and Frank could have actually died in that moment. He loved the way Gerard's chubby cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink, how his long eyelashes looked even more defined with his eyes closed and his addictively plump lips were parted slightly.

Frank gently put a hand on Gerard's cheek, rubbing his thumb against the soft skin.

"Mmmf?" Gerard mumbled something into Frank's chest.

"Morning, baby, how'd you sleep?" Frank placed his hands on Gerard's pudgy hips.

"Great." Gerard got off Frank and rubbed his tired eyes. Frank just watched as the beautiful boy yawned widely, exposing his tiny teeth.

"Frank, you need to go home. It's Sunday and you've been here since Friday." Gerard laid out some clothes, all black obviously, before looking at himself in the mirror.

Frank groaned and pouted. "But I don't want to leave you."

Gerard suddenly gasped.
"Frank what the fuck? Look what you did to my thighs and my neck!"

Frank just smirked, looking very pleased with himself. He admired all the purple-blue marks and red nail marks spread across Gerard's thighs, and the matching marks colouring his chest, collar bone and neck. There was one prominent dark purple mark on his neck just smaller than a fist.

"We have school tomorrow! Do you know much makeup it'll take to hide these?" Gerard paced around the room.

"Well nobody's going to see your thighs anyway, and why cover them? Everyone must see that you're mine." Frank chuckled as he pecked Gerard's lips.

Gerard just rolled his eyes and started getting dressed, before tossing the clothes from Friday to Frank. He had washed them so Frank could leave in clothes that didn't belong to Gerard.

Once they were dressed, Frank called his mom to pick him up and Gerard checked in with Mikey, who told Gerard to fetch him soon.

Frank and Gerard kissed and cuddled a bit more before Frank heard his mom outside.

"Gerard! It's so nice to see you again."
Linda called out from inside the car, smiling broadly. Linda gave Gerard a strange look before grinning again.

Frank gingerly got into the car and crossed him arms as Linda kissed him on the cheek.

"Mom just drive." Frank rolled his eyes as they drove away.
That's when Gerard realised what Linda had been looking at.

The galaxy of hickeys plastered on his neck.

Why did this keep happening?
~
The drive back home with Frank and his mom was extremely awkward.

"So, it's good to see that you and Gerard are talking again. Are you two?" Linda gave Frank a suggestive glance.

"Oh my god, mom." Frank face palmed.

"Excuse me, young man, I have been around through all the trash you put that sweet boy through. So I damn well deserve to know if you two are in a relationship." Linda sassed back.

"Yes we are, if you have to know. Don't be creepy about it please."

Linda squealed and wouldn't stop smiling.