Starr Academy: College Life- Prologue

Prologue

The room was eerie silent as Derek stood smirking. He knew they couldn't refute what he said. Most paling after he told them what he knew. His blackened eyes looking from one to another till he saw each and every council member and he gloated over them. The midnight blue walls looked more black against the brightness of the light shining down on the pure white marble slab table with the glittering gold bowl holding the warm purple and red flame.

"So I told you how the world will end, what about my request?" Derek gloated even more as the council members turn to their partners next to them.

One stood with a chin raised high. "You have kept your end of the bargain. Now we will keep ours." He looked to a guard. "Please take our guest to see our life doctor."

Derek's eyes went wide in shock. "What?!?" He tried to rush off the seat, but the chains only allowed him to end up flat on his face. A sickening smack as he hit the volcanic rock tiled floor.

All the council held their heads high as he was taken out of the room. His voice shaking the walls claiming they tricked him. That they were liars and cheaters. He even spouted verbal curses that meant nothing in their world of magic. The ravings of an immature young man that all of the council pitied. They were sad to see one of their own that could be great, be so low.

Once gone, the council member who stood, placed his hands over the sleek and beautiful marble table top. "If what he said is true, how can we stop this? Surely the normals would see anything we do to save the whole world. Our secrecy is the most important above all else."

His neighbor to his right threaded his fingers together and placed them to his lips. "He tells us we have nine months before the world's end. We should come up with something in that time. We are nine of the greatest minds of our magical world. Surely we can divert this very dire situation."

The one standing nodded. "Then we must begin while our once prisoner is fixed up for his new life."

Several smiled. "He said he wanted to be set free to live his life. He never specify that he would with all his dark memories still intact. To live free, he'll need to forget. Both their souls will be cleansed of their dark desires to protect everyone in our world." One set back in his seat. "Especially our beloved and enchanting Hope. We must protect our most skilled and powerful of treasures."

~~~

Derek struggled as the guards hauled him down the corridor. His eyes flashing between black and his normal hazel eyes. Both he and Cedric were panicking. Knowledge of what was about to occur swirled around in his head from Cedric's own knowledge. He has bared witness to a life doctor at work once. He had promised himself never to be on the receiving end, but now he was about to be and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

The doors to a sterile looking room opened before them. Derek tried to grip the doorframe but missed it by a mere molecule of air. He felt the icy breathe of the metal but not the solidity of it. The guards had made sure of that. Jerking him at the very last second to ensure he wouldn't grip the metal.

A man with a long white lab coat turned around when they entered the room. He smiled brightly as the guards heaved Derek on the stark white dentist like chair. "Greetings Mr. Lund. It's a great honor to help you today." Straps being thrown about.

Derek growled as he jerked forward but didn't go far as the guards had already secure his arms into the straps of the arm of the chair. "There's nothing wrong with me!" He spat at the doctor like man. "They are just fearful of my power and determination!"

"Now now." The white clad man spoke softly while Derek grunted as one of the guards jerked him back against the back of the seat. The doctor sounded like he was just talking to a child. A child that needed to be calmed down. The guard's partner throwing the strap of Derek's chest before taking up his partner's duty of holding the unruly boy down.

The man in white leaned over now that Derek was completely secure. "We are just trying to help you come to reason. We are not complete with just one very strong element which is what you have done to yourself. This will just help you see that you need all of your elements equally. Don't fight this procedure. The family that wishes to take you in is a very lovely and amazing family. There's even a private tutor for you to teach you properly."

He moved away only to return with an itched stone. "This will go easier and more quickly if you don't struggle with me."

Placing the stone against Derek's forehead in the middle right above his third eye, the man's eyes turned cloudy. The unlit candles around the room ignited and danced with different colors. He had to search for a new way to do this as he was dealing with two souls linked together. He first had to deal with the older soul before he could help the younger soul. It will take longer than he would have normally needed for this type of procedure.

Though Derek thrashed, his eyes slowly clouded with a far away look. As the minutes passed by, Derek started to relax against the chair. Each memory he had was being either stripped away or altered. The Darkness clouding certain memories was being lifted and the memories turning into happy ones. Both set of memories were being fixed and changed so Derek didn't know so much pain in his life. To have a happier life from now on.