Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Six

Six

~~Ian Gilliett's Point Of View~~

I groaned and rested an arm over my eyes when the light hurt my eyes even if my eyelids were closed tight. My head throbbed and I couldn't think of how I got into this condition. All I could remember is seeing Hope down in her basement sitting at the ornate bar with Zander Forgion.

Then it trickled back. The drink. That girl. Hope showing me about. Us escaping to her secret study. Mel. All of it seemed to trickle over my consciousness in time with my pulsing head.

"You should drink this."

My eyes snapped open and I sat striaght up only to clench my teeth tight, lean forward, and held my head as the throbbing became my own personal earthquake within my skull. All I could do was hold on and keep my voice from shouting out how much I was in pain. Everything was beyond painful. Even the gentle warmth of the sun on my back felt like a raging inferno.

A hand rested on my shoulder and I felt him sit down next to me. "Alright. Come on and drink this. It'll cut some of that pain out." I opened my eyes against the pain to see a cup held out in front of me.

My hands shook bad as I took it from him and he had to help me bring it to my mouth. The shaking was just so bad that I would have split it all over the floor if he hadn't helped me. The tea was warm against my lips as I went slow and easy.

Each sip did make the pain lessen. The cool mint undertones calmed my soul like it always had growing up. Images of my mother cuddling me with a cup of mint tea in my hands drifted to me.

With the pain at a more manageable level, I looked to Mel next to me than around the study. "Where's Hope?"

"She left shortly after you fell to sleep before I was able to give you some coffee to help prevent that little episode. I've been looking after you waiting till you wake and now I can kick you out!"

I groaned as he pulled me up and over to a wall. "I don't even know how she got me here."

"Well, you can only get here with Hope's help and she has only ever brought her brother here. It'd be a shock if you every come back here as she loves having me all to herself." He smirked as he placed my hand on a symbol that was imprinted on the wall.

The world twisted about and pulled me by my hand. The light fading out sharply before I was blinked by a new light. A bright light. My stomach seemed to be the last thing that came back as I stood in Hope's bedroom.

When my stomach was back, I had to sprint as quick as I could to her bathroom. My knees skidding against the tile with the rug in front of the toilet scrunching up as my hands gripped the seat and my head hung in the middle of the ring. The tea and anything that was in my stomach coming up and out right into the bowl.

A tiny gasp came to me before the most delicate of hands touch my forehead and moved my hair out from hanging in my eyes. Those hands eased the sick I felt. Those perfect hands from such a perfect woman.

I sat back and swallowed ignoring the disgusting taste in my mouth. My eyes closed as I steadied myself. I couldn't risk her seeing the look that could be in my eyes. The look of a man desperate to confess his feelings for a woman as perfect as her. Those feelings that have just increased ten fold since I watched her leave after her graduation. The ache that my heart felt at thinking she was no longer a constant in my life before I realized it didn't have to be that way.

The soft dampness of a wash cloth gently wipe my face. I opened my eyes and smiled at Hope who looked at me with concern. Then her eyes looked into mine and she gave a shy smile back. My heart twisting and leaping to be the recipient of such perfect beauty.