Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Twenty-five

Twenty-Five

"Can I take the blind fold off now?" My lips turned down when we came to a complete stop and I heard him turn off the engine. There was even excited shuffling going on outside the car. Girls giggling. Guys walking passed. The smell of freshly popped popcorn drifted in on a breeze.

Ian unbuckled his seatbelt and I felt him twist around to the back seat. The soft creak and crunch of the picnic basket opening. "Not just yet. Just a few more moments and I'll have everything set up for you."

I frowned more when he turned back and I felt something soft caress my shoulder. "Please. I want to see where we are."

He chuckled. "Now don't make me give you detention because you can't be patient."

I couldn't help giggling at his words. "But you'd never give me detention. I'm not your student anymore and you like me too much."

"You know I more than like you and I thank the stars above that I'm no longer your teacher. Makes dating you not compromise either of us at all." The sound of a few things being sat down made me wonder what he was doing. Were we having dinner right here in the car? How are we going to do this comfortably? But I shouldn't doubt his plans. He was giving me a date he thought I would love and I did trust him.

"Okay, you can take the blind fold off now." I felt as nervous as he sounded while I slipped my finger under the black elastic band of the blind fold and pulled it off.

Blinking, my eyes adjusted to the now darkened night. The soft glow of the overhead light being the only light illuminating everything that was spread out before us. Ian had made it look like we were sitting, not in a car, but at a table in an dinner and a movie theatre. He had to move his seat back a bit to give him the space in front of him for his plate and everything. A white cotton cloth was suspended in the air in a way I knew he used magic to do. A flower garland ran across the back of the "dining table" making it look so romantic. A few votive candles dotted along the garland.

Ian gestured to the candles. "I thought you might like to light the candles and add to the ambiance of our dining." He smiled knowing how much I loved flexing my elements whenever I could.

Looking at him, I grinned as I lifted my hand up with my middle finger and thumb together. Warmth bloomed in my belly just before I snapped my fingers sending that warmth to the candles and increasing them. Each candle gaining a little flame that danced on the wicks. Each flame seeming all too happy to be alive now.

Ian smiled. "I love it when you do that. Just the way your eyes light up even before the flames come to life." He reached behind us again and came back with what looked like a stack of stemless glasses stacked on top of each other. Popping two off, he returned the rest to behind us and then handed one to me. I peeled the foil off the top after he did to find out that it was a blush wine inside the glasses.

He held his glass up to me. "A toast to our first date. I hope the food is as good as I'm hoping it is. It took me just a bit to create it just for you."

I pouted as I clinked his glass. "You didn't do too much, did you?"

But he shook his head taking a sip of his wine. "No, just wanted to do something more special than peanut butter and jelly. I promise that it wasn't anything too difficult, I just had to get my sister's guidance for the little tweaks I wanted to do."

I lifted an eyebrow. "Tweaks?"

Chuckling, he brought a small plate from the basket in the back. Removing the foil over the top of it, he produced a cheese platter with four different cheeses, granny smith apple slices, green grapes, multigrain crackers, and a small custard cup of honey. He placed it down on the cloth that looked so solid. As if there was a piece of wood under the cloth to support everything.