Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Ten

Ten

I had to breathe. The first day of classes and this was my first of three actually elemental classes I was taking this year. This was Advanced Practical Elements. Because of last year and creating Nageria, I was given the option to skip most of my Practical Elements courses. I could have skipped this one, but I didn't want to.

My thoughts going back to this morning for a moment. I had woken up extra early and I made breakfast for all three of us. Though when my brother showed up, he didn't look too happy. He leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest and an eyebrow raised.

I gave him an innocent look. "What?"

"You know what this..." He circled his face and body with one of his fingers. "Is all about. Don't play innocent."

"If it's about yesterday, just calm down."

His eyes grew large. "Calm down?" His hands dropped to his sides. "You want me to calm down after you kissed my best friend?!?"

My lips fell into a frown. "Rod..."

He shook his head. "No, don't start. You promised me you'd talk to me if you started to feel different toward Zander. Then you go and kiss him right in front of me."

"He was really sweet yesterday. He wanted to show me how it would be if we dated. That's all."

He groaned and ran a hand threw his hair. "I should have known he's do something like this the second he had the opportunity."

Placing the now empty pan back on the stove, I walked over to my brother. "I know you're upset."

He shook his head. "I'm more than upset." But then his mood shifted as concern seeped out from him. His hand coming up to cup my cheek. "I'm upset because he can so easily hurt you." He paused as he became choked up by emotion. "I don't want you to be so heartbroken again like you had been. It killed me inside when you ran over to me at the airport and held me so tight."

Wrapping my arms around my brother, I cuddled up to him. "But I have you as my strong big brother whom I live with." I smiled looking up at him. "You'll just kick any guy's butt who hurts me."

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "Before another heartbeat went, they would know my wrath." Then he cupped my cheek turning serious again. "But I don't want to be needed to kick anyone's butt. I wish I could look into the future and see who's your soul mate, but I can't. I want to be able to present the guy that you're destined to be with, but I don't know who it is."

Laying my head on his shoulder, I gave him a really big hug. "Don't worry so much. But for now, I feel ready to open myself up to find that one person out there that could be someone I will love one day."

He sighed. "Then I'm sticking very close to you when the other guys are around you. I'm not having someone I don't think is worthy of you anywhere near you and your heart. I just simply will not have it."

I giggled. "Thanks my superhero big brother."

Standing up straight, he gave a sharp nod. "That's right and never forget it.

Blowing out a breathe coming back to the present. I entered the room with other students that were early for the same class like me. Most finding seats in the back, but I was never one of those type of students. I made my way instead to a seat among the third row from the front and in the center.

The room was set up more like a mini theatre with about fifty seats in the whole room for students. There were five rows with ten seats each. Really, I was sitting in the exact center of the whole room. Just the place I wanted to sit and listen to this lecture.