Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Sixteen

Sixteen

"Alright class, time is up. You may all turn in your test packets up front and I guess I will allow you all to leave without a new assignment." The whole room gave a collective sigh as people started to get up from their seats. Ian smiled next to me as we both rose too.

Over the past month, I've learned to stop calling him by his last name. After having to help him several times with some of our work, he no longer feels like my professor from Starr anymore. He was just another classmate who I hang out with with a few other friends I've made on my own.

I smirked as I looked over my shoulder at him and he winked. His old time gangster hat tilted to the right. His dusty light blonde hair sleeked back from the side of his face. His black roaring twenties fitted jacket with the white pin-strips hanging perfectly on him. He even had a bit of eyeliner to make him look as if he stepped out from an old photograph.

Not that I wasn't having fun with today either. After all, it is Halloween and nearly every magical person on campus was dressed up. Just something we loved to do because we could let ourselves be who we really are.

Zander had whistled when I had walked down the stairs this more and into the kitchen. I may have been wearing normal clothes, but he had whistled because of the wings that spread out from my back. Using the pin he gave me my first year at Starr, I was going as a modern angel to school.

Seemed only fitting that Zander was going as a sleek demon. Red horns poked out of his hair magically. He wore a gorgeous dark red suit with a gun metal grey vest that shimmered slightly as he moved. There was even a pointed tail that flicked on it's own.

Zander's tail more when he stood up seeing me enter the kitchen. "Umm... It'll be fun trying to corrupt one so heavenly." He had pulled me to him and kissed my lips. I had hit his shoulder because my brother had been in the room. But Zander just laughed. "Like I will behave today looking like the Prince of Darkness." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Being bad is so me."

"And being good is what I'm going to as I am divine." I had slipped from his grasp only to have him twist around and embrace me from behind. With a flick of his wrist, he had sent the tiniest fire dot to the other side of the room where it hit the play button on the stereo system.

I laughed as he started to dance behind me. The way he moved, made me move too. Though my brother hadn't found it too fun. Shaking his head, he had come over and pulled Zander away who flung himself very dramatically against the wall.

"You must defend her oh great arch-angel." He lunged at my brother and put him in a head lock. Rod's own wings that sprouted from his back went straight up in response. His wings were just as responsive as mine were to move naturally.

I watched in giggling amusement as they wrestled each other. Rod's shining white gold band catching the sunlight that streamed into the kitchen from the morning sun. Even Zander's horns had shimmered in the sunlight and grew slightly while they fought playfully. Zander's tail having curled around Rod's ankle and tugged which sent them both down.

After I ate, I bid them bye because they had been still wrestling with each other the whole time I had breakfast. My leaving snapped them out of their fun. They grabbed the food I had made for them before I ate and rushed off after me. I laughed leaning against Zander's car at how the guys had scrambled out the door.

My heart picked up as I handed over my test to the professor that most called the Professor of Evil. He took it and glanced over a few pages. "Well Miss. Lund, I will say this..." He looked up to me. "You've lived up so far to the expectations I have set for you."

"I hope to continue to live up to those expectations."

He chuckled. Over the past few months, I've grown on him when I saw him during his office hours to discuss sections of some of my papers for him. He'd always been surprised, yet willing helped me.