Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Twenty-three

Twenty-Three

Just inside the door of the stadium style lecture hall, I took a deep breathe. Ian was already here and sitting in his seat. I had to tell him my choice and I would regret it if I delayed any longer. After seeing how happy Derek was in his new life, I needed...no wanted to be happy too. I realized that I could be happy with Ian as I always had been, but now in a different way.

My legs felt shaky as I walked nervously over to my seat which was right next to his. Ian looking up as I turned down the aisle and smiled at me. My palms going slick as my gut twisted more with a bit of fear.

What if he was going to take back asking me?

Nope. Not even going to go there. That was mental sabotage. I won't sabotage this because I had asked Zander about his cryptic message and it was Ian he was talking about. He was sad I didn't already say yes like he said to.

Sitting down in my seat, I gulped a little turned to Ian with a shy smile. He slipped his hand in mine and gave me a squeeze. "Did you enjoy your Thanksgiving down in Norfolk?"

I bit my lip and nodded. "Before I say anything, I just wanted to say alright." He gave me a puzzled look and I leaned over to him so I could kiss his cheek. "You had asked me a question before I left, and that's my answer."

Ian's jaw dropped. He looked like I just stopped time. Not a muscle moved from him as he stared. I had just shocked the life out of him. I had just shocked the life out of me too.

Getting out my notebook, I was scarlet red. Ian just continued to stare till the professor was walking down the aisle to his desk. That's when Ian did something. Something that shocked me more than I had.

A soft yelp came out of me and was half muffled as Ian pulled me to him and kissed me. Right there in the lecture hall. Cat calls and whistling. I was just sat frozen yet my heart beat faster in my chest feeling his very sweet tasting lips against mine. My whole body felt like it just wanted to be able to stop time and just get lost in this kiss that did things to me that I couldn't name. That had never happened to me before with Marek or even Zander.

"Mr. Gilliett!" Ian pulled sharply away and I opened my eyes just now realizing that they slid close. Our professor was standing in front of his desk instead of behind it like he always did. His arms were crossed over his chest. "I will ask that you wait till you aren't in my lecture hall for those kinds of displays." He didn't look too happy.

"Yes professor." Ian smirked and then had to cover his mouth because he couldn't stop smiling.

"Now if your display is finish, maybe we can start on the next unit. And if you can't contain yourself in the future, you will find yourself down on the front row. Far away from Miss. Lund." There were several soft giggles as my blush went down my neck and I slumped a little in my seat.

"I promise not to show such a display in the future, sir." Ian took his seat next to me with a big smile that I doubt would ever fall off. I couldn't even help the tiny smile that was on my face. To know that I made him more than happy by just giving him a chance at a first date just made me feel so very happy too.

I was now very nervous about our first date. What kind of date was he going to take me on? Glancing shyly at Ian, I knew it would be nothing like what Marek had done. That over the top bit and somewhat fancy dining had been nice at the time, but knowing who I was now, it had been too much for me. I wasn't the fancy type of girl. I was the simple, just the two of us type of date like we had in the park.

As the class continued, I thought about the park again and how easy it had felt for me to relax with Ian around. It felt like he made every ounce of tension leave my body. He made me forget about everything that had been plaguing my mind. Every worry was gone. The rest of the world hadn't mattered sitting under the weeping willow and eating something that wasn't extravagant because he both didn't know extravagant and knew I didn't need extravagant.