Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Twenty-two

Twenty-Two

"Can't...breathe!" I gasped as Franklin released me slightly from his killer hug. The second I walked through the front door in Norfolk, he had pounced on me. My feet weren't even touching the ground even now. His muscular arms bound around me.

"Sorry, I just miss you so much at school." He had his sad puppy face on.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck once I got them free from his arms. "I have missed you too. Whenever I do, I just look back to the pictures from this past summer. They always take me back and make me smile remembering all the good times."

He chuckled as he finally put me down. "Remember when we were in Australia?"

"How could I forget?! Stan and Stark were there with their girlfriend. They were cute together!"

But Franklin rolled his eyes. "I was talking about the walk-about that we went on. Sitting on top of that plateau and just feeling the world around us. That was the best way to end our whole adventure."

I smiled at him as I felt the same way. The golden color of the land stretching out far and wide sitting up on that flat topped mountain. Green patches filling up parts of the land as their winter was ending as well as our summer vacation. It was another world on it's own and maybe one day, I would like to explore that world and the special magic that they hold there.

The Aboriginal people of Australia having their own magic all their own. They rarely let people into their ways. I had met one on our walk-about. He was just standing on one leg with a very long stick long his other side. He watched me as a walked near him. He bowed his head with the paint markings under his eyes and on his forehead. His eyes looking into mine and deeper as if he was checking out what kind of person I was. Then he looked away and out to the vast plains before him. It seemed like he was standing watch. Come to find out later, he was. He was watching over those who did walk-abouts on their own like he were doing. If we had been very inexperienced, we would have seen him again as he'd follow us the rest of the way. But he must have seen something in my eyes that told him that we would be alright.

Franklin stepped back and held up his even larger muscles than what I left him with. "So what do you think?"

Playfully, I squeezed his arms. "Been compensating for my absence?" Giggling as I now poked him in his ribs knowing how ticklish he was there.

He stuck his tongue out at me. "Actually, I've been having special studies with Jullian during defense classes. He has a friend that could use someone and I was given special permission to train with him by Headmistress Alexi."

"That's awesome!"

"And I might be able to start working with the Guardians once I graduate." Franklin shrugged. "But my mom wants me to go to college for a few years first before I start." He pouted over at his mother who raised an eyebrow at him. As if telling him that I couldn't change her mind on this subject.

Greg walked over and ruffled Franklin's shabby hair that needed another cut from the one he got before I left for college. "I know the guy Jullian's training you for. He's a cool guy and is very understanding." A chuckle with the shake of his head. "The world thinks he a paranormal investigator, but we know the truth. That would be an amazing group for you to join." Greg leaned down with a smile to his son. "And I'll talk to your mother for you. In your chosen career, you don't need college if you know the areas you investigate like the back of your hand. Not to say that I wouldn't love for you to go too, just that I understand how excited you're getting to join the team."

Then I was pulled into a big hug by Greg. "Welcome home baby girl."

I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him. "Thanks dad." And he was more my dad to me than my own birth father. He's been there for my achievements and to comfort me when I came back. Even his letters to me every week were comforting and supporting. My real father never did anything like that for me.