Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Eleven

Eleven

Zander smirked as he looked up from the textbook that was open before him on the butcher block island. "How was your first day of college?" He stood up and placed his hands on either side of the book.

I blushed at the way his eyes sparkled when they looked at me. The look of a love struck boy that was turning into a man. A man that was strong and sweet. Someone any woman would be blessed to have as theirs.

But was that woman me?

Walking over to him, I smiled. It didn't matter if I knew yet, we had plenty of time to find out. "Today has been one hell of a day for me."

He moved closer to me and caged me against the island. A hand on either side of me against the counter. "Tell me all about it." Leaning closer, his forehead rested against mine. "Or I could help you relax after such a long day. Just you, me, and the hanging seat out in the garden."

I cheeks reddened as he made me feel shy again. So pretty and desired. "I could always tell you out in the garden, but I want to lay on the grass again."

Zander chuckled. "That's good because the last I saw, Nageria was taking a nap on the swing." Moving back, he took my hand and pulled me out to the garden dropping my bag off to the side of the door on our way.

At the grassy ring, he stopped and knelt down. I had to quickly grip his shoulders when he started to take my shoes off for me. With each shoe off, he tossed them over to the back door. A smirk on his face the whole time because he loved doing things for me without a care in the world.

His eyes came up to mine as he lifted his head to me. "I like being down here. On my knees worshipping you, my Princess." With a yelp and then a full belly laugh, I found myself on my back on the grass. "But here is so much better." He caressed my cheek. "This sight is the most perfect."

My teeth caught my lower lip. "You're going to make my cheeks hurt all night if you continue."

More chuckles as he leaned down and kissed each of my cheeks. "Then I will have to sooth them." His eyes looking nearly soul deep into mine. "The color suits you."

"Thank you." My voice a bit airy as I looked right back into his eyes. My heart finding a pace much faster than normal.

HIs eyes searching mine. "Can I kiss you?" Those words were spoken with barely a breathe as he sounded unsure of my choice. To make him wait longer for a real kiss, or to throw caution to the wind and embrace the possibilities of what could be.

And I choose the latter in this instance. My head nodded as my chest tightened a bit in anxiety. I haven't really been kissed by anyone but Marek before. All those feelings of giddiness and of being unsure how I would be. Was I even ready for this?

A sigh of pleasure left his lips before he leaned down. This time they were moving to my own lips. My breathing was hiking some as his fingers trailed from my cheek to my neck. His hand warm as they always were because of his fire element. It easing some of the tension my anxiety was causing me.

First brushing his lips gently against mine. Just to test the waters so to speak. The feeling sending a shiver down my skin to my finger tips and to my toes. Our breathes mingling as they increased with our heartbeats.

Another test. A little more pressure of his lips against mine. More of a taste of our first real kiss together. My hand grasping his upper arm and lifting up just a bit more toward him. My mind hazing a little bit because of all the emotions that were swelling and spiraling through my whole body.

He pulled me delicately closer as he tilted his head a little more. His lips moving with mine to just kiss. No one to push us to kiss. This was just for us like it should be.