Chapter III: The Arrogant, Spoiled Brat

After Mum caught up with some sleep while I had unpacked my things and helped her to take off all the covers off the furniture. Currently, I was dusting up the fireplace and other places around the house to make sure it wasn't dusty. After all, this was going to be my new home. I didn't want it being so filthy.

After some cleaning I have a look at time set by mum on the clock wall. 10am. Wow, I managed to finish quite early despite a big house.

I go to my new room and grab a book that I had brought along from the US of A and move into the lounge area where I sit and read for some time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Time Skip~ 2 hours later:

Two hours had seemed to go so fast as when I looked back to the grandfather clock on our wall, the time was read to be 12pm already. At that moment, mum walks into the lounge, still half asleep as she finds me sitting on the couch reading.

"You okay, Andréa?" I nod as I sit on the couch reading my book.

Mum smiles at me and goes into the kitchen to make some tea, before coming to sit next to me on the couch.

"Andréa, you don't mind going for that dinner your Aunt invited us to, right?" I look up from my book and just to be a good girl, I shake my head, though very slowly.

"Why do you ask, mum?" Mum gazes in my direction, seeming to be slightly in thought.

"Oh, I just thought that it would be rude to turn down such an offer, don't you think? I mean, this is your time to meet new people too, Andréa. I hear they've got a boy, that's the same age as you."

How my mother knew that? I did not know. But all I knew was that mum was right: that it WOULD be rude to turn down Aunt Euphemia's dinner invitation.

Even if I didn't want to go.

"I'll find a dress for you and you can go and play outside in the snow for a while if you want." At those words, I quickly drop my book on the table beside the couch and run to put on my jacket and gloves before running outside.

"Andréa!" Mum calls back and I look back at her.

"Could you please tell Aunt Euphemia that we are coming over for dinner. I just realized it's past the deadline that I should have told her." I nod before walking outside.

It had stopped snowing, which I was kind of thankful for as my jacket would have been really dirty. But not like that was going to matter now. I see a big pile of snow in our front yard and run to jump into it, embracing the nice cold feeling running down my neck.

After playing in the snow for some time, I got bored and remembered that I had to go to Aunt Euphemia and tell her that we were coming over for dinner. I quickly dust off the snow on me and walk over to Aunt Euphemia's house not far. As I enter the front yard, I also notice how big their house was. It wasn't as big as my house though it looked more modern so I didn't mind it.

"Hey! Who are you?!" I look to my right find a boy yelling at me, surprised at my approach. He must have been the small boy my age mum was talking about.

"Hey! I asked you something!" The boy walks over to me and stands in front of me trying to intimidate me so I could run.

"I'm here to see your mother." I tell the boy and the boy tilts his head to the side.

"Who IS my mother?" Now the boy was being smart. I fold my arms in annoyance.

"No offense, but I don't have all day. I need to deliver a message from my 'mother' to tell your mo-"

"Are you new here? What's up with the accent?" I breathe heavily, my irritation for this boy increasing drastically.

"I'm from America. And your mother invited mum and I for dinner. So I came here to tell her that we can make it." My eyes grow smaller into a death glare as the boy's mouth goes wider with a smirk.

"Oh, she did...?" I get a bit annoyed at this boy as he questions my actions.

"I think I'm just wasting my time. I have to go." I turn to go but he manages to grab my arm.

"Wait don't go. Please." He added hesitantly. I turn back around.

"Look I don't have all day. My mum is waiting for me-" 

"But MY mother is waiting for your reply to her invitation as well." Well, darn. This boy was being an arse.

I put on a false smile. "Then could you be so kind to pass on the message, please?"

The boy smiles. "Certainly. After you tell me your name."  I raise an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" He nods. I hold out my hand. 

"Andréa Griffin." The boy takes my hand and shakes it.

"James Potter." I quickly let go of his hand and nod my head in recognition.

"Well, I guess, I'll see you at dinner." James smirks.

"Of course you'll see me. My parents love to show me around." I roll my eyes and walk away back to my house, dreading the last 5 and 1/2 hours that I had to myself.