Chapter XVI: Headmaster Dumbledore

A bright light blares into my eyes causing me to wake up unwillingly the next morning, stretching as I view the sun through the window. 

Trying not to make too much noise, I tiptoe around my bed towards my trunk, where with a slight 'click', I quickly take out my toiletries bag and gallop downstairs to the bathroom, brushing my teeth before getting changed into my robes in the cubicle.

Heading back upstairs, I keep my fingers crossed that no one in my dormitory was a morning person. Slowly, I open the door, and what I may call an endless creak, follows through, causing a few moans from some of my fellow bunkers and causing a graze of long red hair to flick in my direction.

Lily, the girl from the boat, recognizes me instantly, smiling in her sleepy state as she carries her own toiletries downstairs.

"Good morning!" She says happily and I smile in return before trying to walk past her. 

"Lily Evans." She holds out her hand for me to shake. "And the boy you met on the boat was Severus Snape. He's not always so grumpy." 

'I could say otherwise', I thought unkindly, shaking her hand rather hastily.

"Andrea Griffin." 

"Oh, yes, half the school already knows you, after yesterday. Are you really related to one of the founders of Hogwarts?" I nod, embarrassed at the situation I had been put in.

"Wow, that's so cool!" I fake a smile, walking past her to put my toiletries and pajamas on my bed. 

"Are you heading down for breakfast? I can walk with you downstairs." I shake my head. As much as I wanted to make some new friends, I didn't really want them to be friends with me just because of my heritage. 

"You go ahead. I have to sort a few things out." Lily pouts but walks off, creaking the door shut after her. 

After packing the rest of my stuff into the bag and placing them neatly on the mahogany bedside table, I peek a look at my pocket watch. 

7:45

Gosh, I only had 15 minutes to get to Dumbledore's office. I quickly race out of the dormitory, running down the stairs. Not paying attention to what was in front of me, I reach the bottom of the stairs and scream when a very loud 'BOO!' exploded in front of me. 

"Did we scare you?" 

"We didn't mean to scare you, sorry Andy."

"Or did we?"

"Gideon, stop it."

"Well, we were quite loud."

 I look up both in shock as the twins bicker away.

"You guys... don't hate me?" The twins stop their bickering and turn to me, a puzzled look on their faces. 

"Now why would we," they point at each other, "hate you?" 

I shuffle on the stair I was on, scratching the back of my head. 

"Well, you know... I'm literally the biggest house traitor in the castle. You know..."

"Andy, stop being ridiculous. We don't hate you. You're at least more tolerable than the other first years." 

"Stuck ups." I hear Gideon murmur. Fabian clears his throat as if to cover it up. 

I give out a wide grin, suddenly feeling emotional. As I feel tears brim my eyes, I try to handle my emotions.

"Thank you, guys." They grab me from the stairs and pull me in for a group hug, both of their heads are placed on top of mine signifying the height difference.