[Ep. 8] Friends?

----Yuko’s P.O.V----

I started to drag my feet to school, it’s Monday the most dreaded day of the week. Still sleepy from playing video games last night. Maybe I’ll sleep in class. As I walk down the halls, I saw some people in their own circle of friends. Some laughing, some gossiping and some well goofing around. I grunted to myself. I’m not really a sociable person so I don’t like a lot of people near me. I slid open the door to my class. I saw Juro-kun sitting already and playing shogi, as expected.

“Ohayo.” I greeted once I was in front of him. I didn’t wait for a response because he looks like in deep thought. I pulled my chair out and slumped on it. The teacher went in and greeted us and we did likewise. I tried to stay awake but I can’t. Oh well… I look down on my notebook, with my bangs covering my face and held a pen, so it would look like I was taking notes. But I started to drift off to sleep.

On the second subject I decide to listen to the teacher. I slept in a few class but some I paid attention until lunch came. I walk in front of Juro-kun and observe what he was doing. Looks like his playing shogi again. I pick up a piece from the opposing side, as I was about to say something.

“Before you say anything don’t you have any friends to go with. Now go away I’m busy.” He coldly stated. Was I a nuisance to him? I felt my heart sunk. I’m probably bothering him. “F-friends?” I mumbled so he wouldn’t hear. I look down at the shogi piece I’m holding, my bangs covering my eyes. I feel like my throat was cut out. So he didn’t think of us as friends. I gave him a smile, but a fake one.

“Baka…” I muttered, and put the shogi piece in one tile. I took a blue book with me and stormed off the room. I walk briskly to the courtyard and found a tree. I walk towards the tree and sat under it. I coughed a bit and covered my mouth.

“I overdid it again huh…” I said to no one particular. I sighed and put the book to my left side. Gusts of wind passed by making my hair sway a bit. “It’s not like I don’t have friends but they’re quite hard to make. Especially I just transferred. And also some of them change when I was away.”  I took the book and stared at it. I heard faint sound of footsteps making me stand up and dusted off my skirt. I took the book and started walking off.

“Eh Yuko-chan is that you?” I heard someone called out. I turned towards the owner’s voice direction and saw Mibuchi-senpai. He ran up to me about to give me a hug?

“Mibu…-chin…-senpai… I can’t breathe.” I struggled from his grip not being able to speak up properly. “Yuko-chan! Why are you here?” He asked releasing you from his grip. “Etto…. Wandering around.” I replied catching a few breaths. “Where’s Sei-chan?” He asked again. I felt my heart heavy again, but smiled anyways. “I think he’s in the classroom. Well I gotta go now Mibu-chin-senpai.” I wave at him and return to the room.

After the bell rung signaling lunch is over, a teacher went in. She was probably a substitute. She looks strict and worse of all this is math time. I mentally cried and started to slump more in the chair. I rested my chin on my palm. I’m feeling sleepy again, why do I even have this physical condition. Not able to handle my drowsiness, I buried my face in my arms resting on my desk, and slept again.

“Daidaimoto-san!” The sub teacher exclaimed making me shot up and rubbed my eyes. “How dare you sleep in my class? And look your scores are low. And to think of it you placed the same rank as Akashi-san on the entrance exam.” She scolded as she tapped her foot in front of me. Well it’s true that I had the same rank as him, and I even took the test the same time as everyone in the room.

“Eh! So it’s true that they were both the top 1 and 2 .” One boy said.

“No way! She sleeps all the time in class.” A girl whispered said to one of her friends.

“That can’t be possible. Someone to be on par with Akashi-sama~” Another girl said, looks like she one of his fangirls.

I balled my fists, they were looking down on me. Well I’m not in the mood to say something to them. I look at Seijuro who was sitting up straight with his I’m absolute aura. I rolled my eyes, they can’t judge someone who they just met, and we’re not even close.

“Answer the question in the board Daidamoto-san.” She ordered with her arms crossed. I stood up and look at the board. “Fine.” I was about to go I front but stopped. “On second thought give me the hardest question you have.” I said as I look at her dead in the eyes. All eyes were on me like it was an unbelievable challenge. Well except for Seijuro who was just observing. The teacher nodded and started to say an equation as I write it on the board. I put the chalk down and stepped backward to look at the equation.

“y is equal to 4.” I answered breaking the silence in the room. “T-that’s right.” The teacher stuttered, making some students widen their eyes. “How did she do that, she didn’t even showed a solution.” One questioned. I pick up the chalk again and started to write the solution. Geez that’s why I hate math you still have to waste energy to show your solution.

 “There~ Sorry for my bad handwriting.” I said after I finish writing the solution and skipped off to my seat. It was true I do have a bad penmanship, well it can’t be help. And another thing almost all of them had their jaw dropped. I chuckled inwardly, that’s why I hate society some are too judgmental. The class resumed to its normal pace, until the last subject. I pack my things up and started to leave ignoring Seijuro, because I might bother him again.

----3rd Person’s P.O.V----

When Yuko left and other people dispersed, Seijuro was left alone. Sitting on his seat with one leg up and his elbow resting on the knee. He stared at the shogi board, specially the piece Yuko put. He was still analyzing, the piece she placed made his side unable to move. He sighed at how he was defeated.

“Sei-chan~” Reo cooed as he opened the door. “What is it Reo?” Seijuro asked coldly, his eyes not leaving the board. “Its time for practice. And where’s Yuko?” Reo asked and look around. “Probably with her friends. Why are you asking me?” Seijuro stated bitterly but Reo didn’t notice this.

They both walk down the halls to the gym. “Eh well the both of you are always together. And I thought you were her only friend?” Reo said scratching the back of his head. Seijuro stopped on his tracks and felt his chest become heavy. Reo noticed and stopped.

“What’s wrong Sei-chan?” Seijuro shook his head and started to walk again. ‘Ah! So that’s why Yuko-chan was down a while ago. She gave me a fake smile. It was probably because of Sei-chan said something, he probably didn’t even realize his own words till now…’ Reo thought to himself and followed the red headed captain.

When Yuko was in front of her apartment, she rummaged her bag and grabbed her keys. She unlocked the door and went inside.

“Tadaima…” She said to no one particular. She sighed and threw her bag on the sofa. She took off her shoes and lay down on the sofa. “I’m… not… lonely.” She muttered and started to open her PS3 console.