015. Fights

*Emma's POV*

*Emma's POV*

The next day, I was just dying to tell someone what had happened, but there was no one I really felt comfortable telling. I couldn't tell my friends back home because I couldn't get a hold of them, but I hadn't talked to a lot of them since moving so I thought that would be weird. I also didn't have very many close female friends in Hawkins. The girl I was the closest to was Nancy, whom I'd spent an awful lot of time with during the time I'd spent avoiding both Steve and Billy, but I didn't think telling her was the greatest idea since her and Steve had dated after all. At the end of the day, I decided to just be happy knowing that it was happening and that I had someone as special as him there for me.

At around 6 that night, I started getting ready. I assumed it was pretty casual and on the DL since Steve had described it as a kickback, so I wore a pair of jeans and a cropped, white Rolling Stones t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I paired it with a pair of white tennis shoes and walked threw my hair into a messy ponytail. I finished getting ready just in time for Steve to pick me up. He greeted me with a quick hug and a peck before we walked to his car.

"You look adorable," he said as we pulled out of my driveway, "I'll never understand how you manage to look so good in the simplest things that would never look good on anyone else." I blushed and rolled my eyes at him, trying to hide the pinkish tone on my face. "What, it's true," he smiled.

"You're too much, Harrington," I told him. We arrived at the house not too long after, and we walked in together after getting out of the car. Steve's arm was around my shoulder, but I don't think anyone really thought too much about it since they all knew we were pretty close friends. Steve was right, it was very laid back. It was a lot of the people I'd been hanging around from the very beginning of my time at Hawkins. Steve was talking to some guy and I slipped away to go get myself something to drink.

"Ems!" I heard from behind me before I could even reach the drink area. I turned and saw a smiling Billy standing walking toward me. "I didn't know you were coming tonight," he said as he pulled me into a hug. I could smell alcohol already on him.

"Yeah," I smiled back, "I didn't know I was coming until last night."

"How'd you get here? You should've told me and I would've picked you up," he said, walking me to the drink table in the kitchen.

"Steve brought me, actually," I told him. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"You and Harrington are still hanging out?" He asked. I gave him a confused look and nodded. "God, Em, when are you doing to stop with that and just come back to being my best friend already?"

"Billy, we're still best friends," I laughed, "you do know that, right?"

"It sure doesn't feel that way anymore," he frowned. My heart clenched and it was my turn to frown. "You know, it doesn't even matter right now. I'll catch you later," he said. And with that he walked away. I knew I was in the wrong after hearing him say that. I'd pretty much left him when he had opened up and had basically told me he needed me there for him.

*Third Person's POV*

Billy was already drunk. When he saw Emma standing, he thought that would be his chance to get her back, at least as his best friend, and when she said she was there with Steve, he felt his heart break. He left her in the kitchen because he knew if he stayed any longer, he'd say something he didn't mean and he didn't want to risk completely obliterating their friendship.

He walked around for a little while, making his rounds saying hi to people. Everything was pretty good, that is until he saw Steve. Billy already felt like Steve had everything he wanted and the fact that Steve was basically stealing his best friend from him didn't help the whole situation. Billy felt a rage run through his veins when he saw the fluffy haired boy, and he acted without thinking. He walked up to Steve and shoved him, making Steve stumble forward slightly. Steve was taken aback, obviously, but he figured it was just someone that had gotten a little too drunk and had pushed him on accident. When he turned and saw Billy standing there with a smug look on his face, he couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Stay away from Emma, Harrington," Billy scowled. Steve rolled his eyes and turned back to continue talking to the boy from the team he'd been talking to previously, which only made Billy grow angrier. Billy pushed Steve again, this time Steve didn't hesitate to turn around and punch Billy in the nose.

"Back off, Hargrove," Steve spat. The two of them stared at one another for a few moments. The people around them started chanting for them to fight, and neither one of the boys noticed when Emma arrived at the scene. Finally, Billy swung at Steve, but Steve was fast enough to dodge his fist and to return the gesture, actually landing a punch on Billy's cheek.

*Emma's POV*

I stayed in the kitchen for a little while, only leaving when I heard people chanting "Fight, fight, fight" out in the living room area. I had a bad feeling and immediately rushed out to see what was happening. Billy and Steve were standing in the middle of a group of people. Billy had a bloody nose and I got to see as they went to staring at one another to Billy throwing punch at Steve, Steve dodging it and then swinging back at Billy, landing a harsh hit on Billy's cheek. I shoved my way through the group of people and stared in shock as the two of them went at each other for a second before acting.

"What the hell are you two doing?" I yelled, trying to get in between them, but getting stopped by two basketball guys. I ripped myself away from their grips and yelled at the two fighting boys again. "Billy, Steve! Stop!" I yelled, getting their attention. "What is wrong with you guys?" I asked, "What are you two even fighting about this time?"

"I think that one was pretty obvious, babe," Billy smirked, wiping blood from his nostril.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"You, Emma," he said. I looked over to Steve, almost asking if that was true. He didn't meet my gaze, he looked down at the ground. I took that as a yes.

"God, you two are ridiculous," I scoffed as I pushed past the two of them and out the front door.