019. Call to Arms

A/N: Hey! So I forgot to mention this last update, but my update schedule is Tuesday-Friday! I hope you enjoy this part!

*Emma's POV*

I didn't know what to make of what the crew told me, even a few days later, I was still in shock. Being at war with an alternate universe was not something that had ever been on any of my to do lists. I'd asked them all for a little bit of time to just process everything, and so far they'd been fairly understanding of me not wanting to jump straight into anything, although Steve had been a little more pushy about it than the rest of them.

As for college, my parents were breathing down my neck more than ever before, and it wasn't that I didn't like them pushing me it was just that I'd never experienced this sort of thing from them in my life. They'd always trusted in me and let me figure out my way around things, and this made me feel sort of like maybe they didn't trust me as much as they'd made me think after all.

My rock had really been Billy. There's not much to that, he was just always the person that made me feel better about anything that had me feeling down. I had to say, he'd really made a 180 from how he was when I'd first gotten there. Don't get me wrong, he was still kind of an arrogant asshat, but that was just Billy. Now however, he seemed more self aware and took how his actions affected others more into consideration than before, he wasn't as big of a jerk to any of the people that he'd previously been an ass to, and there was a part of me that wanted to think that it was because of something I did, but in reality I think most of it was just him growing up and maturing. Whatever it was, I was just thankful that he was there for me when I needed him.

About a week after the kids and Steve told me about the upside down, things had in fact been getting stranger and scarier, but I still had no idea what to do. I was still angry at them for not telling me before and then only telling me because they needed my help. It was a Friday morning, and I'd unfortunately woken up a little later than usual, which meant I had to have breakfast with my parents.

"Emma, good morning," my dad greeted me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning," I said, faking a smile, taking a my usual seat at the table.

"How are your applications coming along?" my mom asked, "Early decision deadlines are coming up soon and I haven't gotten a single draft of you personal essay."

"It's almost done," I told her, "I don't need help, my english teacher's me with the editing."

"Emma, you can't just keep going about life with an 'I don't care' attitude. You're growing up, so act like it," my dad snapped. I stared at him in shock for a second. I could feel the anger bubbling up inside me.

"I don't think I've ever had an 'I don't care' attitude, dad," I snapped, "I'm trying really hard to figure everything out right now because I know it's important and I'm really stressed about it, and you and mom constantly making me feel like you don't trust me and that you guys don't think I can do this on my own isn't making things any easier for me. I don't think I've ever given you guys a reason not to trust me, so this random burst of distrust is seriously making me feel like shit about myself and the type of relationship I thought we had." I got up and took my backpack from the counter before exiting the house, not giving either one of my parents a chance to respond.