023. Scared

A/N: I suck at updating

A/N: I suck at updating. Lmao enjoy!

*Emma's POV*

I didn't know how long it'd been since I'd gotten there, but it felt like a long time. I hadn't left my hideout since I'd found it, but I knew if I wanted to get out, I'd have to soon. I started getting up from my safe space when I saw El standing a few feet away from me. She was pale and kind of glowing.

"Oh El," I cried out, "I'm so glad you're here, how do we leave?" I started crying tears of joy.

"Emma," She smiled, "I'm not really here. But we found you, we can help!"

"Wh-what do you mean- you're, you're not here?" My breathing started getting heavier and the tears started coming out heavier. She turned to her side and nodded at something I couldn't see.

"Emma, where exactly are you?" She asked, "We think we can come get you."

"My house," I answered, "I'm hiding in my closet."

"She's hiding in a closet," She said to the wall, "The Byer's? From Loch Nora? Okay." She turned back to me, "You need to go to Steve's house. We'll find a way to get to you. Hide in the pantry until we get there." And with that, she disappeared.

I looked around and called out for her, but there was nothing. I cried harder and I collapsed on the floor. How was I supposed to get to the Harrington household when there was a huge monster that could kill me lurking around as well as other things that I possibly wouldn't be able to fight off. I sat there for a few minutes before I snapped out of it. My friends were risking their lives to come and save me, and I needed to be there and help aid the process. I picked myself up and started making my way outside. It was darker than before, if that's even possible. I looked around for a moment before finally starting to run in the direction of the Steve's neighborhood.

*Billy's POV*

The three of the people I was with were hiding something. I could tell they knew something about Emma's disappearance that I didn't, but at that moment I didn't really care. I knew that helping them and having them help me would be my best bet in regards to finding her. After we found her bag, we headed back to Dustin's. Everyone that had been there before we left was still there.

"She's in the upside down," Nancy and her little brother both yelled out.

"The what?" I questioned. They all seemed to ignore me and blab on about this upside down thing and how they were going to get there.

"We have to go to the lab and try to get to where the gate was last time," Hopper said, "I bet that's where the mindflayer is opening up the new gate."

"No, it wouldn't do that," Lucas argued.

"Seriously, what is going on?" I asked.

"Not now, Billy," Harrington snapped, "I'll explain when we figure this out, but for now we just need you to sit down and shut up." I rolled my eyes, but I figured that the quickest way to get Ems back was to listen to whatever they said.