Epilogue (S.H)

a/n: HOLY CRAP THIS REACHED 11K! Thank you so much to everyone that's read and supported this story

a/n: HOLY CRAP THIS REACHED 11K! Thank you so much to everyone that's read and supported this story. You have no idea how much it means to me.

it makes me so sad that this is over :( I had so much fun writing this and seeing everyone's reactions though! There is one more part which is the epilogue for the alternate ending. I hope you all enjoyed reading this story.

*Emma's POV*

"I got in!" I exclaimed as I read the college acceptance letter, "I got in!". Steve picked me up off the ground and spun me around.

"I told you you would," he smiled. I laughed as he put me down and wrapped my arms around him. "That's UCLA, NYU, Columbia and USD? How many more are you waiting to hear back from?" he asked.

"Notre Dame and Indiana State," I told him.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered before pressing our lips together. I smiled into the kiss and deepened it.

Steve and I were doing amazing. He was so supportive about the whole college thing, and we were working to figure out how we would deal with the distance that was sure to come with me going to college in the fall. Everything was sort of up in the air, but we knew we'd figure it out once I committed to a school.

"Let's celebrate tonight," Steve smiled, "I'll leave and let you get ready and pick you up in an hour?"

"I'd love that. Thanks," I said, "For being here, I mean. I don't know if I'd have been able to stay sane throughout all this without you by my side."

"I know you'd do it for me too," he said, a slight pink tint appearing on his cheeks. I pressed a sweet, short kiss onto his cheek and laughed slightly as he turned his head so our lips would meet. "I'll see you in a little bit, I gotta go get ready too," he said.

"You mean you gotta go fluff up your hair again?" I giggled, "You do need it a little bit, it's looking a little flat." I ruffled his hair.

"Hey!" he whined.

"I'm kidding," I smiled, "your hair is annoyingly perfect as always." He smiled and kissed my cheek before I walked him down to the front door. "Wear something comfortable and warm," he called as he walked out to his car. I waved as he drove off and then ran up to my room to get ready.

The whole time I was getting ready, all I could think about was how lucky I was. Steve was such a sweet and caring guy any girl would be lucky to have him, but for some reason he chose me. It made me feel like I was doing something right. I knew I could trust him with anything and that he'd be there for me whenever I needed him, and that I was willing to be there for him and let him confide in me as well. It's true, what they say. You should always try to date one of your close friends because they know you better than anyone else. They'll know how to treat you, how to support you, how to talk some sense into you when you're being insane. You really can't go wrong with it.

I put on a pair of light jeans and a pink pullover sweater as well as a pair of white vans. I pulled on a dark purple windbreaker before putting my hair up into a ponytail. I didn't have to wait long before there was a knock on the door, indicating Steve had arrived. I ran past my parents and told them I'd be back later in the night. They didn't know about my acceptance. I didn't want to tell them just yet because I knew they would want to make a big deal out of it and they'd keep me so busy the following few days that I wouldn't get to celebrate with my friends or Steve.

"Hi again," I smiled.

"Hey," he smiled back. He held my hand across the consol as we drove to our destination.

"So, where exactly are we going?" I asked. We'd been driving for a little while, and I still couldn't figure out what we were doing.

"We're almost there," he answered, which just confused me even more since we were practically in the middle of nowhere. Not too long after, he made a sharp turn into an empty field and I immediately broke out into a smile, realizing where we were going.

"The corn field," I said quietly.

"And I have burgers from the dinner in the trunk," he said.

"Steve Harrington, you did not," I smiled.

"I thought I'd try to be cute and romantic," he said. The first day we'd hung out after the night we'd met, we'd gone to the diner and the corn field when Steve had started showing me around. "I wanted to sort of recreate the day I started realizing that I liked you," he admitted bashfully.

The two of us sat on his hood and talked and ate. It was the perfect little date. We stayed there for hours and hours. At one point we went on a walk through the field and got a little lost, but we did end up making it back to the car safely. The ride home was quiet, but still comfortable. I started thinking about everything and about life and about the relationship Steve and I had. I smiled to myself when I realized how happy I was.

"Steve?" I whispered, even I was unsure if he'd heard me.

"Yeah, babe?" he asked.

"I think I love you," I answered, turning to look at him, "No, I do. I love you, and you don't have to say it back. I just, I know things are changing and they're going to change even more when I leave, but I want to let you know how I feel and how special you are to me."

"I love you too," he smiled, "and I know we're going to figure things out. We always do."