Questions

Chapter 3 - Questions

KAYLA SUMMERS

"Hey, it's okay."

"Its not okay. That bastard. I'm gonna kill him."

Kayla was pacing back and forth in her bedroom, while Rory sat on the bed calmly. He was reading some novel when she had barged in and had vomited out the whole story.

Though she did left out a certain parts that she didn't think Rory needed to hear them.

"Do you want to drag him to court?"

Kayla shook her head. " Tess might fight for family but she wouldn't take sides with us. Plus, they used to date for six months." And didn't that sentence leave a bitter taste on her tongue.

Daniel wasn't in the United States for majority of his time. He only came back on monthly visits. She didn't even know where he lived.

"Sweetheart, six months would pass by in a snap. And I'll be right here waiting for you."

"But I'm going to stay with some other man for six months. I mean aren't you bothered about it?"

"I trust you." He murmured and stood up. Catching her in an embrace he pressed a light kiss to her lips.

"And I know that if he so much as lays a finger on you, you'll break his bones into small pieces." He smiled ,"I'm fine. I'll be waiting okay."

That was Rory. A gentleman.

Then why did she feel her heart sink everytime he pulled her in his arms or kissed her.

Why did she want Rory to throw a tantrum and refuse her to stay with Dan.

Shaking her head Kayla turned around and started packing her bags.

********

Kayla had just stepped in through the door when she heard Dan's frustrated voice. His back was to her, his hand resting on the window as he looked over at the city

"Maya I can't."

He paused for a minute.

"I can't right now okay. And you know I never lie to you."

Another pause.

"I wish I could, honey. But you know how I feel about bringing you here."

Kayla's heart sank. That bastard couldn't sign the divorce papers but he had a girlfriend. If he did then why not relieve them both from it.

Daniel turned around and looked at Kay in shock.

He turned around. ," I gotta go. I love you, okay." .

Kay felt rage coursing through her veins.

One never says I love you if they really weren't sure about it. Daniel had meant those words.

He had tried to keep his voice low but she had heard it.

He loved another woman.

And why should that be a problem?

She had Rory and why shouldn't he have a girlfriend either.

"Girlfriend?" Kay asked and Dan hesitated.

"Something like that." He said fidgeting with his phone in hand.

An awkward silence spread between them and Kayla wanted to break it but she didn't know what to say exactly.

"Umm, right." He shook his head and took her bags from her.

"This is your room." He pointed at his room.

"Then why is it packed with all your stuff." Kayla knew that it was his. She didn't know he'd directly guide her there.

"We're married, aren't we?"

"That doesn't mean we gotta sleep together." .

Daniel smirked. "Honey if you do want to, just say it. I can arrange for that." He murmured pressing her against the door.

"You ass-"

He didn't let her finish. His kisses kept coming as if that was casual and they had been doing it for years.

Shutting her up with a chaste kiss, he backed away.

"It's a huge bed. We'll share. I don't have another room. I had two small rooms so I broke the wall in between.
Not sleeping on the ground because I need my bed in winter, its cold outside. Not sleeping on the couch either."

Kay narrowed her eyes and he sighed.

"Open the door you'll know."

When Kayla pushed the door open, her jaw dropped.

"How big of a bed do you need?"

It was the largest bed she had ever seen. It could easily fit in three to four people. White and brown cushions were propped up against the headboard and a white bedsheet covered the bed.

There was a floor to ceiling window to the right. There was no tv, but shelves and shelves of books lined the wall opposite to the bed.

A closet to the left. And most of all she loved were the string of pictures that stuck to the wall right above the headboard.

"No bathroom."

"It's outside. Right next door."

"Nice." She loved the way he had managed to stuff all of himself in one room.

She loved that he wasn't as neat and tidy as Rory who would frown at her if she so much as left a hair tie on the couch.

  It was tidy but the room was full of his personal belongings. Like the photographs of Logan and Sean and himself and Dave. The one with all the woman huddled together.

There was one she hadn't seen him click.

She was wearing a green cocktail dress. And her hair was falling down and one of the straps of her heels had come loose.

She had balanced herself with one hand on the bench. Her hair tucked behind her ear, and she had folded her leg up as she tried to tighten the strap with her free hand.

It had been Lexi's show where Logan had starred as the showstopper. The day when Logan had proposed Lexi.

Why would he keep a picture of her on his wall? He never acted as if he liked her. They'd had a one night stand and she'd left.

He hadn't even followed her or cared to talk to her.

So why now?

With that one picture, thousands of questions were swirling in her mind and she knew that agreeing to stay with Daniel was going to change her life.

She just didn't know if that would be good or bad.

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami