Found

Chapter 18 - Found

KAYLA SUMMERS

 Kay opened her eyes and cursed at the rays of light that came in through the window.

She tried to turn the other way but she felt something trapping her. Her eyes opened wide and she looked down to see what was exactly trapping her before panic could settle and she all but let out a sigh.

Dan's arm was slung around her tummy. He was almost on her, snuggling her side, his head on her chest.

She loved his weight on her. Damnit. Daniel was making his way in her heart and even though it scared her, a part of her was happy.

His phone rang and Dan stirred.

Kayla didn't even reach for it. She was busy looking at the sexy sleepyhead who was cuddling her.

"Morning." She murmured.

"Morning" he murmured as he lifted his head and smiled sleepily.

She cupped his cheek and ran a finger down his scar.

"You never told me how you got it?"

He seemed wide awake as his smile slipped away.

"I gotta see who that is." He said referring to the incoming call.

"We both know who that is." That they did "So you don't need to change the subject."

"Take a hint, Kay." he said as he pushed himself up by his elbows. She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him there.

"You are not going anywhere. You are staying right here."

"Let me go, Kay" he sighed but then laid down beside her.

"Not yet." she murmured as she ran her nose down his neck. A moan escaped his lips and Kayla smiled against his skin.

She knew how to turn him on, knew exactly just what buttons to push. Just as he knew ways to turn the tables on her. He tilted his head down and captured her lips in a searing kiss.

Kayla loved the way he kissed her. He kissed her like there's no tomorrow. Kissed her as if he owned it. Kissed her as if he loved her.

A knock on the door caught their attention.

"Open the door, daddy"

Their heads snapped to the door instantly.

"Thank god you locked the door."

"That was quick thinking on my part." she chuckled.

"If you were busy thinking, I didn't do my job right." he sighed as he nuzzled his nose in the crook of her neck

"I've got enough orgasms to prove that you did do it right." Kay murmured and nipped his earlobe.

"Daddy!!" A muffled, insistent voice came through the door.

He groaned as she eased the bite with a flick of her tongue. "Don't start now. Or I might never leave the bed."

"Promises, promises." she whispered in his ear.

"You'll be the death of me, babe"

He pushed himself off her and Kay buried herself under the covers.

The door shut with a soft click and Kay was left to ponder on her relationship with Dan until...

"Out. Now."

Kayla sat upright on the bed.

Was that...?

She shook her head and was about to lie down, dismissing the voice she thought she heard when

"I said Now, Summers."

Kay snapped her head towards the shut door. How in the goddamn hell did they find him?

She groaned in frustration. The whole entourage would be out there laying her whole life and examining it as if it were their business.

And Logan? She wouldn't be able to look that man in the eye and admit that she had cheated on him with his own brother.

Kicking the covers aside she picked up Dan's shirt and took a deep whiff. Man, did it smell like him. She donned his shirt and walked out, her chin held high.

Maya was in Lexi's arms, her face buried in her neck as Lexi and Dan were fixed in stare off.

"Give me my daughter back.". Dan ordered

"Not unless she wants to."

One look at Dan's grim face, Maya buried her face in the crook of her neck again.

"C'mere angel. Let's go for a walk." Kay said softly

Maya jumped out of Lexi's arms and ran to her.

As soon as they were out the door, Kay crouched down. "Are you scared of your dad?"

Maya shook her head, "He is scary but I was scared for the woman."

Kay smiled. Lexi could definitely handle herself, not that Dan would ever hurt a woman. She took the little kid's hand and walked over to Shreya's door.

The door opened as soon as she rang the bell and a haggard looking Shreya opened the door, followed by a ear piercing cry.

"Hey." She muttered and winced at the cry.

"Can you keep her for a while?"

"Sure. I could use some help with my boy. She is the baby whisperer" Maya giggled at that

"Thanks hon." Kay murmured

Maya walked in and closed the door behind her.

Kay made her way back to deal with the lady who was going to kick her ass for going MIA. She just hoped she didn't walk in and see Dan being choked or stabbed to death.

She still hadn't decided anything much when it came to him but she hoped she didn't have to choose between him and Lexi.

God forbid she didn't have to hurt Lexi.

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami