It's coming

Chapter 13 - It's coming

ALEXIS BECKETT

Lexi was lounging on her couch flipping through channels as she couldn't settle on one in particular. Just like the kid in her uterus was flipping positions. She could feel her move.

Just as the baby kicked, Lexi stood as fast as she could and waddled towards the bathroom. She would have to start living in the bathroom itself what with her constant need to pee.

She was eight and a half months along. Her due date was three weeks away. Once the kid came out, she was going to get so busy that she'd be lucky to have time to take a breath.

Cramps hit her hard and Lexi had to brace herself against the bathroom wall. She took a deep breath and Lexi tried to calm herself. The doctor had warned her to not think about work at all which was the main root of her stress. Stress wasn't good for the baby so she thought of Logan.

Logan always calmed her and she smiled. 

A sharp doorbell snapped her attention. Emptying her bladder she washed her hands and waddled out. She went o a high alert the moment she saw Tess's face.

"What is it?" she muttered

Instantly she felt a hand at her elbow and she let Logan's touch calm her.

Once seated she fixed her eyes on Tess. "Spill."

Tess sat down opposite her and said "It's not that big a deal but..." Tess trailed off and Lexi all but bit her lip from snapping at Tess in annoyance.

"So Kay had me draw some papers for her, a month ago... and now she's AWOL"

"What papers?" Lexi asked.

When Tess squirmed in her seat, Lexi scowled at her younger sister, "What papers, Tessa?"

"Divorce papers." Tess mumbled but Lexi heard it quite clear.

"Divorce who?"

"Umm..."

"Spill" Lexi snapped.

Tessa who never beat around the bush was doing just that. And the girl to call Lexi's husband Satan was giving him apologetic looks

Lexi put two and two together. "No!!" she groaned.

"Who?" Logan asked, oblivious to Tessa's discomfort.

"Daniel Hunt." Tessa said in a whisper.

Logan stayed silent. When Lexi chanced a glance at her husband he looked taken aback, his eyes, looking at Tess but not focusing on her.

"Babe." Lexi grabbed his hand and shook him.

Logan seemed to come back to her but he kept shaking his head.

"When?" Logan asked

"Almost eleven years ago"

"You knew this for a month and you're telling me now?" Lexi yelled.

"Well it was her secret. And I didn't know she'd go missing. Along with him."

Logan was still in shock. With a few encouraging words she sent Tess home. Once Tess was out, Lexi pace- waddled as she couldn't sit still.

"Sit down , sugar. "

She shook her head. A chuckle made her stop and look at her husband. "No cursing? That's a first."

She stopped and looked at Logan before shaking her head again.

"I wouldn't say that I know Daniel but I know him more than any of you. He might have that devil-may- care attitude but he's more than that. I'm not worried for Kay. She has all of us. But Dan, he doesn't have anybody at the moment."

"What are you talking about?" Logan frowned. "He has us."

"Does he?" Lexi raised an eyebrow and then sighed. "Look, I know him. I get him because where he is right now, I was there. And I get him."

Logan opened his mouth to say and she stopped him. "I know. I know he betrayed you. I know that eleven years ago, you were with Kayla. And the look of surprise on your face, I can say that it was about the time when you were dating her."

"It could be after that. I mean we did break up..."

"Look me in the eye and tell me you really believe that."

Logan closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Why did I have to marry the smartest woman in the world?"

"Shut up." she muttered and smiled.

"I'm going to call him."

He said as he retrieved his phone and began to make a call when Lexi felt another cramp and something wet.

"On second thought call Dave." She said, hysteria lacing her tone.

"What...?"

"Just fucking call Dave." she yelled "My water just broke... The baby's coming."

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami