Probably

Chapter 15 - Probably

DANIEL HUNT

Dan felt as if he had made the terrible mistake of inviting Kay back home.

Maya had gotten so accustomed to Kay that the little girl didn't go to sleep without a goodnight kiss from her.

It had been a week since they returned to India. He had gotten a text from the head of his department that the lectures would start first day of the next week. That left him only five days to prepare for his lectures.

He had yet to make presentations and go through the number of textbooks to compare and advice his students on what was best for them.

He had to do a lot yet before the next semester began in a week's time. The university too had dumped the semester exam papers in his hands to be corrected. He had over a hundred and fifty papers that he needed to correct by the end of the year. Which meant he had a month and a half to finish.

Apart from that, he had another pressing matter. Maya was getting too attached to Kay.

That kid would be heartbroken. She already thought that her mother had left her because she didn't want her.

As much as Dan consoled her, she didn't believe him. That kid was way mature for her age.

If Kay left, Maya would turn in herself and Dan didn't want his daughter to go through what he'd been through his whole life.

He looked at the phone in his hand.

That one text from Logan was enough for him to know that his whole family knew about the marriage.

But Dan was in no hurry to explain himself. In fact he didn't intend to.

They would text and act like he owed them an explanation when in fact they didn't.

His parents hadn't called yet so it meant that his mother didn't know about it yet.

And it was fine.

They had no idea where he was, and they never would know where he had been living and that too with a kid.

In fact he never ever wanted them to meet. He had a nice life here, his angel and him.

The only thing he wanted Maya too have was a mother but he wasn't sure if Kay was it. As deep as his feelings ran for Kay, he didn't know for sure that it was the same for her.

"Daddy!!" Maya ran back to him with a ear of corn in her hand.

They were sitting on a ledge that ran along the coast of Arabian Sea when Maya wanted to walk to the far end.

It wasn't too far but Kay agreed to take her there and Dan wanted a few minutes to himself.

He had to do something. Sign the divorce papers and let her go or propose her.

But Kay wasn't some woman he wanted to marry because of some obligation.

He wanted to marry her because no other woman made him feel as she did. No other woman made his heart race like she did. No other woman had ever made him fall in l...

He studied Kay who strolled a few places behind Maya, a smile on her face as she looked at his angel... and then him.

Hell yeah he loved her. He had fallen in love with her nearly eleven years ago when Logan had first brought her home.

He didn't know at that moment but he was pretty sure she had made his heart stop the moment he set his eyes on her.

He had thought it was infatuation but damn if he wasn't a hundred percent sure now that he was in love with her.

Confusion wasn't something he'd describe his state of mind.

What the hell was he high on when he suggested six months. He couldn't stay away from Maya for two weeks. Six months... Pfft. How in the hell would he stay with her for six months without Maya in the picture.

Somewhere deep in his mind he had chosen Kayla. Subconsciously, he had thought that she was it and had decided that she will be it no matter what.

But they were in no way getting closer. Sure they slept beside each other every night. And she kissed Maya every night, and she cooked dinner for them. But as domesticated the scene was, Dan hadn't received a word or a moment or even a simple gesture from her that said she wanted him.

Hell he knew that if he wanted her that he could charm the panties off her.

He could probably just get her out of her clothes with mere two sentences because even if he was out of practice he had the Hunt genes.

And damn if the scar that he acquired when he was a kid didn't appeal to ladies.

Sure his face was scarred but the ladies said that made him look a tad bit roguish.

Somehow with Kay he didn't want to be the Daniel he was before Maya.

Six months, he had decided he would lay his plan, his whole life in front of her.

Thats exactly what he had been doing. He had been trying to show her everything he had and everything his life was.

He was trying to show her that he wasn't the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type anymore.

He was a gentleman with a life and a stable future. And he hadn't made a move on her because he wanted to take her the first step.

H couldn't be the one to initiate everything.

She had to take a step forward too.

It had been almost a month and a half and still there was nothing from her.

Should he give her more time or was this the end. Was he stupid to think that they would work in the first place.

His conscience chose that very moment to speak up

Probably.... Yeah.

********

Vote. Comment.

- Nami