Him // C3

Word of the day: Infatuation
Definition: An intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something

Penelope's POV:

I was gently pulled out of my sleep by the sun creeping through the curtains. I slowly sat up and realized it was 8 am. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed only to realize that my parents had gone to work.

"Well that's fantastic" I mumbled to myself.

It was a Saturday so I didn't really know what I wanted to do this morning. I decided to call Zach to see if he wanted to hang out...as friends of course. I dialed his number and waited for a response.

"Morning beautiful" Zach stated in a low, husky voice. I could tell he just woke up too.

I couldn't help but blush before I snapped out of it and returned to the matters at hand, "Good morning Zachary."

"I like the way you say my name"

I scoffed before I asked him what I was originally intending on asking, "so about that music lesson you wanted to give me..."

"Come over in a hour" Zach finished.

"Oh? Okay." I replied.

"I'll text you the address, see you then" he remarked before he hung up.

Well that was very abrupt, I raced upstairs to start getting ready. I decided to wear a white halter top tucked into my high waisted black jeans with white converse. Then, I slightly crimped my hair before I wandered back downstairs to grab my phone and wallet. I didn't know why but Zach seemed to give me butterflies and every time he complimented me, my heart skipped a beat.

I was all ready to go when I opened the front door to find Cameron.

"Hey babe" he mumbled as I kissed his cheek.

"Cameron, what are you doing here?" I asked trying my best to sound genuinely happy.

"Well I know that your parents have work today and I know that you sometimes get lonely so I thought we could go out and get breakfast" Cameron stated with a smile.

He's just too sweet, unfortunately, I already had plans. Ugh, but he just seemed so happy and kind...I hate to crush his spirit.

"Awe, that's so sweet of you...but I actually have plans with a friend" I mentioned as his smile fell.

"Oh...is it with Tatianna?" he asked as I shook my head. "Devine?" he asked but I shook my head again.

"I'm meeting with a new friend" I mumbled.

There was an awkward pause and part of me wanted to cancel on Zach and hang out with Cameron but something about Zach was too compelling that I couldn't.

"Oh, well I hope you have fun" he stated as he tried to force a smile.

"I promise to make it up to you, we can go out tomorrow" I stated as I hugged him.

He smiled back down at me, "okay, I'll call you then" he stated as he planted a kiss on my nose. "I love you."

"I love you too" I replied as he bent down to kiss my lips.

He waved goodbye and pulled out of my driveway in his car. A pang of guilt twisted my stomach into a knot but I still continued to walk towards the bus stop. It took about forty minutes for the bus to arrive relatively around the area where Zach's house was. I still had to walk another mile before I could reach his house but that was okay.

Eventually, I finally made it to his house and I was walking up the driveway when the front door flew open. I saw Zach standing in the doorway and his face lit up but he quickly tried to hide it by casually leaning against the doorframe.