A Second Chance // pt. 2

Penelope's POV:

Actions speak louder than words. I've always known that, but I believe that words can deceive and actions show your true intentions. Zach might have said he loved me, but he also got into a bed with Tatianna. How could you love someone if you were willing to hook up with someone else?

Did he deserve forgiveness for his actions? Yes, I believed I could eventually find forgiveness in my heart. But my trust is forever broken. I understood that we were not "together", but what killed me the most is how willing he was to move on. It wasn't even 24 hours before he jumped into someone else's bed.

Paris was the city of love, so why did I feel so empty when we arrived? Cameron was watching the baggage carousel while I looked around. Somehow, if felt as though I was watching my life through the eyes of someone else. Everything and everyone felt so distant, like a faded memory.

"You ready?" Cameron asked as he held both of our luggages.

"Yeah", I said.

We were staying at the Shangri-La hotel, and knowing Cameron, he probably booked us a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. When we arrived, our room was a lot larger than I expected. It was a huge suite equipped with a private terrace. I quickly set my bags down and ran to open the door and step out onto the terrace.

"This is beautiful", I said breathlessly as I stared in awe at the Eiffel Tower.

"I'm glad you like it", Cameron said as he came up behind me.

We sat in silence for a moment, "thank you for taking me here."

"Don't even mention it."

I took a deep breath of Parisian air and a sudden rush of drowsiness overwhelmed me. I guess I was feeling jet lagged and I realized I haven't slept in a long time.

"Do you mind if I take a nap?" I asked Cameron.

"No, not at all. Go ahead, I'll probably just watch TV and order room service."

I quickly kissed Cameron on the cheek and made my way towards the bedroom. To my surprise, there was one bed, which I guess isn't strange because we are best friends. I closed the door behind me and closed the curtains. On the other side of the door, I heard Cameron turn the TV on. Taking my jacket off, I flopped onto the bed, got under the covers, and found myself falling asleep.

- - -

The sound of "Bad Things" by Camila Cabello and MGK woke me up from my deep slumber. My eyes slowly fluttered open to the darkness of my room. How long was I asleep? We arrived in daylight, what happened?

Lazily, I picked up my phone to see who was calling me, and to my annoyance, it was just a telemarketer. I yawned and turned on the lamp on the nightstand. A light blue cami wrap romper was hung on the back of my door with a note.

The note said, "meet me on the terrace - C".

I quickly threw on the romper and made my way through our living room area and onto the terrace. Cameron stood behind a candlelit dinner wearing a light blue button up shirt and black slacks. Dusk settled in the night sky, setting the evening mood.

"What is this?" I asked as Cameron pulled out a chair for me to sit in. "I feel like we're at prom with our matching outfits."

"First of all, our principal would never let you into a school dance showing that much skin. Second of all, I know you've been having a hard time and I just wanted to do something nice for you", Cameron said as he sat across from me.