Blind Auditions // C13

Word of the day: Grateful
Definition: feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.

Penelope's POV:

Today was the big day, today was the day where my dreams could be one step closer to reality. I was practically bouncing off of the walls as I left my house. I know I should've been nervous but something about today just made me feel so electric!

Grayson drove me to The Voice studio where at least a few thousand people were lined up. Honestly, I was surprised to see that many people because I assumed that many people would be eliminated in the first three rounds of auditions.

"Thanks Gray!" I called out as I left his car with my purse.

Gray drove away as I quickly went over to the sign in before I hopped in line. I knew that I was already lucky enough to be on the premiere of the season (this meant that my chances would be better considering towards the end of the blind auditions, coaches get a little more stingy with chair turns) but I still wanted to audition as soon as possible. While I waited in line, I met several new friends... all from various locations like New York, Montana, Texas, Oregon, etc. We all talked about our hopes and dreams (we occasionally played charades) before we all decided to eat something. As smart ones, we brought snacks and water in our purses because we knew we'd be waiting in line for at least an hour.

It wasn't long after that, that me and my friend group made it inside to the actual waiting area. My small group of friends decided to split up so we all wished each other luck and then parted ways. I had been waiting in line for 2 hours and this session ended in 1 1/2 hours so I knew I would be called up soon. I sat on a couch and started to take some deep breaths in order to try and calm myself.

"Hey stranger" a voice stated behind me.

I turned around and saw that it was Cameron holding a pomegranate smoothie.

"Hey babe" I replied as he kissed me and sat next to me.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Nervous, I feel like I'm going to screw everything up."

Cameron took my hand in his and kissed my cheek.

"Penelope, you are 100% amazing and absolutely mind-blowing. I know it and the second you step on that stage, the judges will know it too. You are the most talented person I know and nothing will ever change that" he replied.

I smiled, "but what if I make a huge mistake? My entire life would be ruined."

"My love, in the off chance that you do make a mistake, that mistake will not ever define you. In fact, all of your mistakes don't define you, your music defines who you are so you need to go out there and show them who the hell you are!"

I laughed as a waft of Chanel no. 5 infiltrated my lungs. Tatianna. I turned around to see her walking by with her fake pastel orange Calvin Klein dress and her fake pearls.

"Oh, hey there talentless swine!" she exclaimed as she approached me.

"Darling, the only one here without talent is you."

"That's so funny! Last I checked, it was I who impressed the judges and well... not you. Sorry sweetie, not everyone can be as great as me."

"And last I checked, I have a Grammy sitting in my trophy shelf... right next to all of the lies you tell yourself to feel better about who you are."

"That's all fake-"

"Not as fake as your pearls... or that ugly a** dress you're wearing."

Tatianna gasped as I smirked, she's not as tough as she think she is.