Open Call Auditions // C9

Word of the day: Passion
Definition: strong and barely controllable emotion

Penelope's POV:

It was the middle of fourth period, I was going to leave during fifth period to make my flight to  San Fran. Unfortunately for me, I had math during fourth and I was completely anxious.

"Miss Montgomery" my math teacher, Mrs. Blossom, called.

I rolled my eyes and dreadfully walked up to her desk. Mrs. Blossom is pretty much a stickler for the rules. She's nice but she's SO by the book that it can get annoying sometimes.

"Yes Mrs. Blossom" I replied as I rested my hands on her desk.

"You have my email and Turn it in right?" she asked.

"Yes" I mumbled.

"Good, I know you're going to do great at your audition" she continued.

"Thank you, I will definitely miss this class the most" I lied. I hate math with an absolute passion.

"Penelope, this could be the last time I see you this week and you really want to lie to me before you go?"

I laughed, Mrs. Blossom always sees right through me.

"Here, take this" she mentioned as she handed me a little gift bag.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"It's a good luck charm from me and your other teachers" she replied.

I smiled as I dug into the tissue paper, I found a small velvet box. I opened it to reveal a necklace that had a 12k white gold, diamond engrained piece that was shaped into a guitar pick and engraved onto it was the words "You've freaking got this."

I smiled "thank you" I mumbled.

The bell that signaled the end of the period rang.

"Well, I better head to fifth period" I stated.

"Of course" Mrs. Blossom remarked as she stood up and gave me a hug. "We're all so proud of you, good luck!"

"Thank you!" I called back as I walked back to my desk and grabbed my backpack. All I had left was fifth period (which was before lunch) and then I would be off to chase my dreams.

- - -

I left midway through my choir period just in time for Cameron to pick me up. My parents had to stay here and handle Gray's college situations so Cameron volunteered to take me until my mom could show up tomorrow. We made our way to the airport and boarded our flight.

It took about an hour and a half to reach San Francisco, we eventually made our way to our hotel and started to unpack. My audition was tomorrow morning and we planned on staying for a few days.

"So do you want to do anything?" Cameron asked as I finished putting my clothes into a drawer.

I stood up and dusted the lint off my jeans.

"I kind of want to rest up for tomorrow" I mumble.

He smiled at me, "honey, you are going to slay your audition...let's have a little fun in San Fran."

I sighed, "alright, let's go have some fun."

We left our hotel and hopped on a cable car, we were planning on going to the ocean. It took about a half hour to reach the ocean but when we did, it was beautiful. I took off my shoes and ran into ankle deep water for the water to rush over my toes. It was peaceful and calming as I held my shoes in one hand.