The Voice // C7

Word of the day: Dispute
Definition: a disagreement, argument, or debate

Penelope's POV:

It's been about two weeks since my b-day and since then I've contacted the directors of The Voice, I've talked to Zach, I've gotten detention for absolutely nothing, and I've worked seven shifts at my family's coffee shop.

Today is a Saturday and currently, I was working on some annoying project due on Monday that I procrastinated.

"Hey honey" my mom chimed as she entered my room.

My parents also apologized for the little incident on my birthday but I doubt they actually meant it. They wouldn't have said it if some part of them didn't believe what they were saying.

"Hi mom" I mumbled as I wrote down some information on my poster.

"Cameron's here" she stated as I turned around to face her.

"He is?!?" I questioned.

She stepped aside and my boyfriend walked into the room.

"Keep this door open" she retorted as she walked away.

I stood up from my desk and kissed Cameron.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"You've been working all day, I know you need an excuse to take a break" he stated.

I smiled as Cameron pulled me closer to his chest.

"So what do you feel like, fro-yo? Sushi? PIZZA?!?" he asked.

"Uhmm sushi please!" I exclaimed as I grabbed my jacket.

I was wearing a flowy, white shirt with leggings and my tan combat boots.

"Alright then" Cameron stated as he followed me downstairs.

I accidentally ran into Grayson and knocked over the pile of mail he had.

"Oh my gosh, Grayson, I'm so sorry" I mumbled as I dropped to my knees to help him pick up the mail.

It looked like a bunch of acceptance letters for him, maybe five or so.

"It's okay, I know how clumsy you can be sometimes" he replied back.

I laughed as we both stood up, I handed him the mail that I picked up.

"Thanks" he mumbled as he towered over me. "Take care of her" he stated as he looked at Cameron.

"I always do" Cameron replied.

My brother nodded before he walked into the kitchen. Meanwhile, I took Cameron's hand and led him out the front door. We walked to his car and got inside before Cameron drove away. Cameron drove to my favorite sushi place EVER and he gave me a teddy bear just because.

I happily walked to the front door and opened it. We were greeted by a hostess and she walked over to a nice table for two.

Cameron laughed as I opened the menu to look at the options.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked as I blushed.

"You're just so adorable whenever you go out to eat."

I blushed even more and tried to hide that by staring down at the menu. We decided what to order and had the waitress put in our order before we started to talk.

Cameron reached for my hand across the table before he intertwined our fingers.

"Babe?" he asked.