Girl Code

He's real yummy, isn't he?" Y/F/N let out a dreamy sigh, slumping against the counter as she stared at Harry

He's real yummy, isn't he?" Y/F/N let out a dreamy sigh, slumping against the counter as she stared at Harry. You couldn't help but let out a small laugh at how enchanted she was by him - But, you had to be honest: Harry Styles was certainly very easy on the eyes.
"I've never heard someone being described as 'yummy'." You snorted, folding up a towel before placing it into a cubby hole.
Working at the local gym had its perks - You got to make fruit smoothies for yourself (for free!), you got an employee discount on whatever products were on sale (that made Christmas shopping a whole lot easier), and, as much as you hated to admit it, being able to stare at a sweaty, shirtless Harry for two hours a day wasn't that bad.
The only thing that was worrying you was the fact that you might have had a teensy, tiny crush on Harry.. But so did everyone else. (Y/F/N was always offering him a towel every five minutes.. Even though he already had one.) You couldn't tell Y/F/N that, though. If she had a crush on him, you had to back off. She had already made it very clear that she liked him - And you didn't want to risk a strong friendship over some.. guy. But.. Harry wasn't just any old guy. He was always so polite, sweet, charming, funny.. At one point you thought maybe he liked you back - But he was like that towards everyone! Harry was just a friendly person. You wouldn't be surprised if you were already in the friendzone.
"Ugh, I just remembered I had to roll up the yoga mats from this morning's lesson. I'll be right back!"
"Mhm." You hummed, focusing on folding up the towels before you were suddenly aware of the presence standing in front of the counter.
"Hey, cutie."
You glanced up, your heart immediately racing at the sight of Harry. Your cheeks grew a dusty pink at the pet name, a small smile playing at your lips.
"Harry." Your voice cracked slightly as you spoke. Good god, you were nervous. Why were you nervous? "W-What can I help you with?" You cleared your throat, trying to play it off as if you were the most chill person in the entire world.
"Came over t' see my favourite towel girl, obviously." He teased, reaching over and pinching the apple of your cheek playfully. See, this was what you meant when you said he was cheeky to everyone. You couldn't tell if he was flirting or.. No, no. Someone like him would never in a million years go for someone like you! "Came over for a drink o' water, too. Gotta stay hydrated." Harry clicked his tongue, handing you his empty bottle of water.
"Right, yes. Water. Good for the body. Hydration." You stammered, your brain seeming to spit out whatever stupid phrases it could come up with. You let out a small breath as your cheeks heated up even more, turning towards the water dispenser. Good god, you were such an awkward person. It really was a curse. If you were as confident as Y/F/N, that would be great.
"I think you have to push the nozzle down for water to come out, Button." You hadn't even noticed Harry standing behind you, placing his hand over yours before he gently pushed down on the dispenser. Was it getting hot in here or was it just you?
"Well, here you go." You twisted the lid back onto his bottle, turning to face Harry before you realized you were practically pressed up against him. "I-"
"Y/N! I thought you were busy folding towels!" You and Harry immediately jumped apart when you heard Y/F/N's voice, your eyes widening slightly. The sight of you and Harry pressed up against each other probably wasn't doing it for Y/F/N.
"I jus' asked her to fill my bottle up for me. The nozzle got stuck so I helped." Harry shrugged casually, taking a swig of water before making his way back to the weights. "Thanks again, lovely." You shot Harry a nervous smile before returning your attention to the towels. That was until you noticed Y/F/N glaring at you.
"What?" You asked, glancing towards her.
"Y/N, you know the girl code. I don't want to be that person, but.. Well, in the nicest way possible, please back off. You know I've had my eye on him for the longest time, you can't just go around pushing yourself on him." She scoffed, rolling her eyes.
"I wasn't-"
"It doesn't matter. Harry's off limits." Y/F/N muttered. She was quiet for a second before speaking up again. "Still love you, though!" She blew you an air kiss before going off to deal with another task. As you watched her walk away, you locked gazes with Harry, your heart fluttering as his left eye dropped in a wink.
Hm.