Part 3

It was two weeks before any more drama involving you happened and this time it was entirely your fault

It was two weeks before any more drama involving you happened and this time it was entirely your fault. Not that you wanted to be part of it, but you literally walked right into it and you regretted it as soon as it happened.
Kendall wasn't answering her phone and considering she had a birthday party for a friend that night, you decided against waiting for her to call you back and just drove over to her place with bags of clothing in hands.
There was no answer at the door but you obviously had a key and considering the amount of noise you made with the bags and boxes you were trying to carry, you didn't listen to anything going on in the apartment as you made your way up to her room.
"Ken?!" you called while twisting the doorknob. You were going to kill her if she was asleep because she knew how much time these things took. But when you opened the door and heard excessive swearing, you dropped all the boxes and bags and quickly covered your eyes.
"Oh my God!" you cried, "Shit! Fuck! Okay I - shit!" You turned around at the sight of Kendall and Harry obviously have quite a bit of fun in bed and almost felt yourself hyperventilating.
"Y/N!" Kendall gasped, and you heard the rustling of sheets and the sound of a belt being dragged from the floor while you stood with your back to them, bending down to pick the bags up off the floor and putting shoes back into boxes.
"I'm so sorry!" you cried, "I'm so sorry. Shit I didn't know - obviously - but you have that birthday party tonight and you haven't picked out an outfit and I really needed to get it all taken care of before tonight because I have a date and I didn't want to bother you with more calls so -"
"A date?" The voice belonged to Harry and you cleared your throat as you collected everything and stood up, still facing the hallway instead of the bedroom.
"Yeah um. Yeah I have one."
"You can turn around," Kendall said in a breathy huff as you turned to see her yet again struggling with her t-shirt over her head. Harry gave it one hard yank and it ruffled around her as he clasped his hands behind his back innocently and Kendall worked to get her hair out of her face.
"Well," Kendall cleared her throat, "I see you have clothes. Lots of clothes - wow that's a lot of clothes."
"Well actually ..." You trailed off and bit your lip as you looked at some of the bags in your arms, "A couple of them are for me," you mumbled, "So you can um, maybe like, help me get ready for this date."
Kendall squealed and jumped up and down excitedly, gripping Harry's arm as she jumped and squealed. "Y/N IS GOING ON A DATE!" she cried, "Yes I've been waiting for this forEVER. Now I get to dress you! Ha how the tables have turned!"
She ran up to you and gave you a hug as she continued to squeal and jump, taking the bags from you and then pulling you in for an actual real hug this time. "I'm SO excited for you! Are you excited?"
"More or less," you mumbled, "But first we really need to get you taken care of. I have a lot of options for you and some of them are quite a bit different from the others so you'll need to spend some time looking at them."
"I will take this as my queue to leave," Harry said hastily.
"Wait no stop!" Kendall put her hand out stopping him mid-step. Your eyes met for a moment and he cleared his throat, stuffing his hands in his pockets and straightening up. "I need your input too," she commented, "Because you always have a good sense of style."
"Oh I'm sure Y/N really has it covered. I'll just -"
"Stay," Kendall commanded, "Please."
"You can sit over there if you'd like," you suggested quietly, pointing to the small chair in front of the desk you knew Kendall absolutely never used.
"Okay," Harry cleared his throat, "That's fine." He sat down and pulled out his phone, instantly becoming interested in the small Apple product more than the girls in front of him.
"We'll start with this," you said, handing her a black Gucci dress and a golden pair of heels.
Kendall smiled at you and squealed again before going behind the partition and starting to get changed. "So a date?!" she asked again, "How did that come about?"
"Um ..." You weren't sure why Kendall had demanded Harry stay but it was awkward having him here considering you wanted girl advice from Kendall for the upcoming date. But he seemed far to engrossed in his phone anyway so you stepped closer to the partition and spoke quietly.
"Niall and I were out to lunch a couple days ago and -"
"Niall's in town?" Kendall cut in.
"Yeah he's been here for a little while," Harry called from his seat. He didn't even look up from his phone as he talked, his one hand holding it in front of his face and the other perched on his knee where his head rested in his palm. "He's staying with me. He was at your place the other night right?" Harry asked you, "I came over to make sure you were okay after the whole dinner thing because the articles were already coming out and saw you two kissing."
"We weren't kissing," you gasped, "He kissed my cheek."
"Let's get back to the whole date thing," Kendall clapped, "Continue with the story please and thank you, Y/N?"
"Well we've been having these lunches together every once in a while since when I'm not completely slaving away on your style I'm, you know, doing nothing."
"Which seriously girl you could make friends with anyone and you choose to just spend all your time with Netflix."
"We'll talk about my life choices later," you waved it off. "But anyway, he said he's met this guy at a pub a little while ago and he was coming to town for a couple weeks and said I should go out on a date with him."
"And you said yes?"
"Well if I'm being completely honest, I said no," you chuckled, "But Niall was persistent and had actually set the date up before even telling me about the guy."
From the corner, Harry chuckled and you were reminded he was here. You were startled for a moment, your heart beating far too quickly to be healthy, before going back to see Kendall walking out in the dress.
"I feel like this is too death for a birthday party," she sighed, twirling in the small dress in the mirror. "Harry?"
He looked up for a moment before nodding, "That's a lot of death."
"Death suits you though," you shrugged, "Okay we'll try this." You handed her a pair of bright orange high waisted shorts and a white tank top blouse from Burberry along with some nude stilettos you'd found in her closet.
"Divine," Kendall sighed and walked back behind the partition. "Now, you were saying?"
"I mean that was it basically," you sighed, "Niall set me up on a date without asking me and now I have to endure an evening with some guy I don't even know named Stanley."
"That's a shit name," Harry commented.
"Well who knows," Kendall poked her head out of the partition and wiggled her eyebrows at me, "Maybe it'll turn into an evening, night and morning."
You all of about snorted at the comment as you heard Harry suck in a breath. "Kendall, you know me, I'm probably going to make Kylie call me pretending to be my aunt or something and get me out of the date early."
"No can do babe. Kylie is coming to the party too."
"I'll make any of your sisters do it for me. They've all done it before."
"Okay well you can't rely on me for that anymore," Kendall said as she walked out in the outfit. "I've counted the amount of dates I've gotten you out of and that comes to a solid fourteen. Plus the three from Kylie and the two from Khloe. So we're done with that. You have to do these dates on your own from now on."
"Or not at all," I mumbled as Harry spoke up.
"You've been on nineteen dates?" he asked.
"If you put them all together," Kendall mentioned, "I'm sure it would add up to three dates total. She always bails."
"I hate you," you grumbled as she pushed Kendall so she was in front of the mirror. "Okay what do you think about this one?"
"I think this is nice," she nodded, "But I think the heels kill it. Can we do colored heels?"
"There are some pink ones from Chanel we can try," you offered, "Or!" Kendall and Harry both jumped at your loud exclamation before you bustled into her closet and brought out the navy blue heels with pink and orange flowers from Kate Spade. "You could wear these!"
The squealing let you know Kendall approved as she put them on and clapped. "Well that took a lot less time than I thought," she commented. "And now we get to work on you!"
"You know," you sighed, "I was kind of excited for it but I think I'm going to pass now. I'll call Stanley -"
"Such a shit name," Harry mumbled.
" - and I'll just cancel. I'll have a movie night instead."
"With who?" Kendall asked.
"I think the correct term would be 'with whom?'" Kendall rolled her eyes as you smiled at her triumphantly and started zipping up bags and closing boxes.
"No! Y/N, you're going on this date! It's been ages since you've been on a proper date and I will not allow you to pass this up! If anything, do it for the food," Kendall suggested, "You love food."
"All normal functioning human beings like food," you shot back, "Doesn't mean I should date them all."
"So are you just going to be lonely for the rest of your life?" Kendall asked, "You have to let yourself out in the game girl! You're smoking hot and you have killer fashion AND if anyone says otherwise I'll hurt them."
"I just don't want a relationship," you shrugged, "I'm focusing on other things. I'm meeting with a supplier in a couple days for my fashion line."
"How's that going by the way?" Kendall asked, sitting down to start doing her makeup. Considering it was a birthday party and not an actual function, Kendall had convinced the makeup teams that she was fine on her own. Plus, with you doing her hair she would be aces.
"Fine," you mumbled, "Rather not talk about it."
Hair and makeup took a bit longer and by the time you were done Harry was asleep in his chair and Kendall was ushering you around last minute to find an outfit.
"Here," she tossed a dark green bodycon dress at you and then handed you some nude pumps. "Wear them," she instructed as Harry jolted awake in his chair and rubbed his eyes.
"Do you need a ride there?" he asked, blinking rapidly as he watched Kendall's every move.
"No there's a car coming and Gigi will be here any minute." Kendall grabbed her clutch and then glared at you, "Get dressed. You're going on that date."
"Kendall, I -"
"DO IT!" she screamed while running down the stairs, "And thanks for making me pretty!"
The door slammed and you and Harry were alone. You cleared your throat and jumbled the dress and heels in your hands. "I um ..."
"So Niall set you up on a date?"
His question caught you slightly off guard as you slipped out of your shoes and stepped behind Kendall's partition. You didn't know why he was still here. He literally could have left ages ago but Kendall had wanted him around you guessed and for some reason he hadn't left when she did.
"Uh ... yeah. Just randomly though. Not by choice."
"You don't have to try and make me feel better, Y/N. You're allowed to go out on dates."
"I wasn't trying to make you feel better. I was stating a fact."
"Okay."
Silence settled and you figured he'd left when you stepped out to look at yourself in the mirror. You jumped slightly when you saw his reflection standing a distance off behind you and your eyes met in the mirror.
"You look nice."
"I feel ridiculous."
"Well you look lovely," Harry cleared his throat, "I'll be off then. My motorcycle is out front."
"Don't know how I missed that," you mumbled more to yourself as you struggled with the zipper on the back.
"You alright there?"
"I'm fine," you huffed.
Harry chuckled and walked forward, swatting your hands away before taking the zipper from just above your bum and zipping it up to your lower back. Your whole lower back was exposed and you completely felt ridiculous but Harry's breath on your back made you love the dress as you cleared your throat.
"Thanks."
"No problem bye," Harry said quickly before walking briskly out of the apartment. You waited until you heard the door shut before sitting down on the bed and groaning.
Under normal circumstances you would most definitely cancel the date. But after seeing Kendall and Harry together and knowing that there was no need for you to even think you two could possibly ever get back together, you shoved your feet into the shoes and made your way down the stairs.
After shutting and locking the door, you fumbled with the keys, dropping them of course, and bent over to get them when you heard. "Oh damn it Y/N."
Turning quickly, you stumbled in your heels but Harry grabbed your arm and steadied you. "What the hell are you still doing here?!" you cried.
"I'm having," Harry sighed, "Motorcycle problems."
"I told you that thing was a death contraption set out to murder you," you grumbled, walking past him and kicking the bike lightly for good measure. He watched as you walked with his hands in his pockets completely amused at your small fit. He liked your little fits the most about you because they were so out of character but so ridiculously funny as well.
You turned and looked it up and down before letting out a long breath. "Well? Do you need a ride?"
He scrambled after you to get in your car as you settled in and took your shoes off for driving. You waited for him to put his seatbelt on before you drove away, making your way towards his house as quickly as you could without breaking the speed limit - well, without going highly over the speed limit.
"So where's your date?"
"The Italian place on the strip," you said quietly.
"Good place."
"Yep."
After that it was silence for the next ten or so minutes before you pulled up at the gates outside his house. "Well, this is me."
"I know," you said, "What's the new gate password?"
"What makes you think I'd change it?" Harry scoffed.
"It's my birthday." It seemed completely obvious to you that he would change it but he looked at you as if you'd just asked if the sky was purple.
"No it's not. Your birthday is in two months."
"The gate password, Harry. The gate password is my birthday. I'm saying I'm surprised you haven't changed it."
"Oh," Harry was quiet for a moment, "I don't know how to."
"Ah." You punched in the password and waited for him to get out of your car.
"Have a lovely date," he mumbled before getting out. Once the door was shut you started rolling up the window when he bent down. "And thanks for the ride."
"Yep."
You waited to make sure he got inside the house because you're a decent human being and then slowly drove back off towards the Italian restaurant with your stomach completely twisted into knots.
And even though you tried to tell yourself that your stomach was in a tizzy because of your date, you know it really wasn't. Instead, it was over the fact that no matter how hard Harry tried, he would never be able to forget your birthday.
Either that, or he would never be able to get inside his house.
—–