just friends? pt.2

the next week wasn't the greatest. you sopped around, thinking about jack and the betrayal he brought upon the friendship. just as jack said, you had gained a cold for the week. but you didn't regret a thing. in a way, you understand. he's in love and happy and maybe he just needs time alone. conor has contacted you and has even tried to convince his younger brother to think about his choices, but even conor couldn't change his mind. you were now lonely. of course you had other friends but most were from work and you didn't really see them often. you had given up with going and had called off sick for the week. now here you are, sitting on the couch, moping around. you have no contact with anyone for a few days now and to be honest, you didn't care. you needed space from the world. today was different from the other days though. as you actually had to leave the house. you had ran out of food, so obviously you have to go out and get some more. you bathe and get dressed reasonably before getting into your car and going to the supermarket.
you had nearly done around an hour later, with a trolley full of food that would last you at most a week. you are about to pay and leave after getting some pasta sauce (random but okay 😂) when you notice a familiar face. jack and what appears to be conor... but there was no katie. strange. sadly, conor noticed you and walked over. "hey" he says pulling you into a hug. "hi" your voice is croaky due to having the cold. "how are you?" conor asks, pitting a hand on your shoulder. "i'm going okay... what about you?" he smiles sympathetically. "i'm good. sorry i haven't contacted you" you shake your head. "it's fine. i don't expect you to" conor smiles gratefully. "well i should go... but it was lovely seeing you" conor nods in agreement and you hug goodbye before going your separate ways.
after paying for your items, you head to your car and drive home. once your home you put all your shopping away before going back to the couch and decide to watch a movie. you put on breakfast at tiffany's which was a favourite classic of yours. just as you get more and more into the film, there's a knock at the door. your face fills with confusion but you stand up and head towards the door. you open it to reveal a soaking jack. "hi.... i know you don't want to speak to me at the moment but... could i come in?" you sigh and pull him in and setting him on the couch. "wait here" you say before heading to get towels. you give them to jack and he thanks you quietly. "i've been meaning to talk to you for the past couple of days" you look at him in confusion. "me and katie... broke up" you eyes widen in skook. "oh i'm sorry... how come?" jack laughs lightly. "how? did you meet her? she was quite frankly rude" you nearly nodded but thought it was best not to. "i cape to apologise. i let her break our friendship. that's a new low" jack takes your hands. "y/n, i know you probably hate me... but would you ever be able to forgive me? i feel terrible for what i've done and i want you back in my life" you sigh. "i'm not sure jack... i mean you hurt me badly... and i don't know if i feel the same" you love jack more than a friend should and you didn't want this to affect your friendship. he obviously doesn't feel the same anyway. "i understand but could i ask, how do you feel?" you gulp at his question as you fiddle with your hands. "i-i um" you keep your eyes on your hands and away from jacks gaze. " i can't say that. it'll ruin everything" you say with tears filling your eyes. jacks eyes widen in realisation. "y/n... do you love me?" he asks gently while sitting on the edge of he couch waiting for an answer. you nod and look up for his reaction. his eyes widen and you know you shouldn't have told him. "i'm sorry... you can leave if you want... i understand" you turn away from the boy but he places his hands on your cheeks and brings your face to his. "do you know how long i have waited to here those words to come out of your mouth?" your face fills with shook and jack connects your lips and you kiss back. the kiss is filled with passion but only last a few seconds. you pull back and jack wipes your tears. "i am in love with you y/f/n (your full name)" you giggle. " and i am in love with you jack maynard" he laughs too before reconnecting your lips and you stay with each other for the rest of the night.