break up? pt.2

a week later...
the only time you had been out in the past week was for work and buying food as you ran out. jack hadn't contacted which was probably best, but conor did. he wanted to apologise for what happened even though he had nothing to do with it. over the past few years that you and jack were together, you and conor had also gained a good friendship and even though you and jack weren't together, you stayed in touch. it was a saturday and you were sat at home on your couch, going through social media. jack hadn't declared your break up yet which was surprising because he is honest with his fans. during the scrolling, you come across pictures of you and jack throughout your relationship and edits. a look of sadness appears on your face as you look at the once happy couple you and jack were.
after an hour or so, a knock came upon your door and you slowly stood to answer it. standing there was an old friend of yours, joe sugg. you and joe were close to but you hadn't spoke for a while due to some personal and obvious reasons. you stood shocked at the boy in front of you. "um... hi?" you say confused. "hi. i need your help" he says in a panic. you give him a confused look. "with what?" "it's jack... he's a bit... mad? after the breakup... he just became angry... i think he regrets it" you wanted to scream but thought it was best not to. "i don't know joe.... HE choose this.... he doesn't love me anymore... he said so himself" tears fill your eyes but joe shakes his head and takes your hand. "no. he does love you. he was a mess and stressed out. i know that's no excuse but come on" you sigh and nod. "okay.... i'll talk to him but it doesn't mean i'll forgive him or anything" you say and joe nods in agreement as you both head to jacks place.
once you arrive, you feel a rush of anxiousness hit you as you begin to walk up the stairs to his. you and joe reach the door and joe knocks. you both stand and wait for a couple of seconds before the door opens to reveal a sad looking. his hair is a mess and his face is red and blotchy as he had just finished crying. his face fills with shock as he looks at you. you may not look the best either. your hair is a bit of a mess and your eyes are filled with tiredness after having some sleepless nights since the breakup. "hi" you say breaking the silence. you look at joe who's standing next to you awkwardly. "erm i'm going to leave now and let you two talk" he says and you nod. once joe leaves, you jack sighs. "um.... hi.... do you want to
come in?" he asks and you nod. he stands to the side and you walk in. the flat was a mess. food boxes left lying and dirty clothes dumped around the place. you sigh at the sight and turn to jack. "joe says you've been angry for the past week.... after the breakup..." "um yeah...." you take a step towards him. "why if you don't mind me asking?" jack sniffles and looks down. "i... i regret everything i said... to you....i'm mad at myself for letting you go. i love you y/n and i don't know why i doubted my love for you. i was stressed and.... and i thought that's what i needed to do" you sigh for the thousandth time today. "jack, i don't think you do love me or regret the breakup" jacks looks up straight away with shock in his eyes. tears fill your eyes and you look down again. "how could you say that? of course i love you" you shake your head and sniffle. "you broke up with me.... you looked me in the eye and said you feel out of love with me and let me leave. that's not love jack" tears are joe flowing out of your eyes. jacks eyes also fill with tears. "no. no that was a mistake. i don't know why i did it but believe me. i love you so much" jack starts to walk towards you. "i don't know if i believe you" jack puts his hand on your cheek. "do you love you me?" "of course i do jack" "and i love you. we can be together again and i promise you i will never leave you again." you sigh. "how do i know your not just saying this because your lonely and you only want comfort?" more tears fall but jack wipes them away. "i promise you i wouldn't. please y/n. give me a chance" you consider it in your head before nodding. jack seems like he regrets it and you realise from the past week you can't live without him. "oh thank god" he says before pulling you in a tight hug. "thank you. i promise i will never do this to you again. i love you too much to consider it" you sob into his shoulder before you both pull away. jack kisses you and you kiss back.