break up? pt.1

like any other day, you awoke to your alarm to signify that you had work. but as it was near the christmas holidays, you had a short shift. jack was still asleep beside you when you woke up so you slipped out quietly and got ready.
after getting ready, you leave immediately with no breakfast as all the staff wanted a final meal together before they break up for the holidays.
once you arrive at work, you are greeted with all your co workers with presents and smiling faces which is odd considering it was early. you all exchange gifts that you had gotten each other and laughed and chatted until all your shifts began.
after work, you grabbed food for you and jack. once you were home you smiled to see your boyfriend lounging on the couch. "hi" you say walking in with a bag of hot food. "umm... hi" jack reply's nervously. you look at him in concern. "is everything okay?" he sighs. "can you sit down?" he asks and you nod and sit next to him. "i don't know how to say this... i'm breaking up with you" you eyes widen in shock as you look at the floor and take it all in. there's no point crying if this is what he wants. after a few seconds of silence, you sigh and nod. "okay" you say. if this is what he wants, then let it be. he shouldn't feel forced into anything. "okay?" he asks and you look at him and nod. his eyes are filled with guilt and fear. "if that's what you want then... okay" "i'm so-" he starts but you interrupt. "don't be. friends right?" you say sticking your hands out for him to shake. he hesitantly shakes it. "so you not mad or upset?" you sigh. "i'm not mad but i'm a little sad but i understand. you just don't feel the same" as the words leave your mouth, tears appear in your eyes but quickly wipe them. "look.... it's not like i don't care about you but... i've just... i don't know.... i think i fell out of love" you take a deep breath, nod and stand up. "i'll be out of your way then" you say heading towards now only jacks room. "you can still stay... i don't want to kick you out.." he says but you shake your head. "nah it's cool i've still got my apartment so i'll head there" you run upstairs and start to pack....
after atleast an hour of packing you come down with your bags in your hands and head your car. jack stands from the couch. "do you want help? maybe with packing?" he asks but you shake your head and leave, wanting to leave the house as quickly as possible. "bye" you say rushing to you car and placing the bags in the back. you start your journey to home....