silence pt.2

you decided to go to your friends house for the night. obviously she was understanding and spent the night comforting you with food and movies. she too was shocked by what jack had done but put her feelings on jack right now aside to make you feel better. of course you had texted conor and he had replied saying that jack had calmed down and they had spent the night cleaning up your apartment. conor had told you that jack had felt guilty sometime after you left and the effect of alcohol had faded. he had also said that he was coming in the morning to take you home to jack which you had been dreading for the past hour as you paced in your friends living room as she tried to calm you down. "you need to stop and settle down y/n. hes calmed down now and hes sober!" y/f said, sitting on her couch staring at you with concern. you shake your head and take a seat. just as you do so, the door goes. you look at y/f with fear in your eyes and she sighs and stands up to get it, knowing you won't. "im telling you y/n you need to calm down and take deep breaths because this isn't good for you" she opens the door to reveal conor with a smile on his face. "um, is y/n here?" he asks. y/f moves out the way and gestures to you sitting on her chair with an awkward smile on your face. he smiles at you as you stand up and head towards the door. "text me later" y/f yells as you and conor walk down towards your car. you knew conor had walked here as he knew you had taken your car.

as you begin to drive back, you turn to conor who decided to drive. "how's jack?" you ask quietly but loud enough that conor hears you. "hes...okay. he's angry and upset with himself obviously... he barely got up this morning but i told him you were coming home and he reluctantly got up" you sigh and look down, annoyed that you left him with the state he was in. conor notices this and is quick to comment on it. "look y/n, you shouldn't be annoyed at yourself. its jacks fault. he shouldn't have got that drunk" you dont say anything and look out the window, still annoyed with yourself.

you arrive at your apartment and conor leads the way in, knowing your feeling anxious to go inside. conor opens the door to reveal jack sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. he quickly looks up and you meet eyes but you quickly look down. "im going to leave you too to talk" you look at conor and he smiles at you. "text me" he says before he walks out, leaving you to stand there with jacks eyes on you. after a few awkward minutes, he speaks up. "im sorry" he says and you look over at him. "i am too" you say quietly causing jack to look surprised at you. "why are you sorry?" he says now standing up. "i shouldnt have walked out when your were in a bad way" jack shakes his head in disbelief. don't you dare blame a bit of this on yourself y/n" jack says raising his voice slightly. you look down. "i shouldn't have gotten so drunk and i should never have even yelled at you for a second. it's MY fault, okay?" you sigh and keep you eyes on the floor. jack walks over and lifts your head with his hand from your chin. "i understand if you never forgive me...   but just know, i love you and i will NEVER come close to do something like this again" you smile slightly. "i forgive you... but you have to promise me you won't get drunk like that again and you won't reck the apartment" jack smiles and pulls you closer. "i promise" he pulls you in for a kiss before mumbling. "what did i do to deserve you" you smile at one another, happy again...