Chapter 8 - Why Did You

Eiji pov

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is the high ceiling. I'm not death yet. I raise imediately and scan my surrounding. This is strange. Where am I. Shit.. did they caught me.

I raise from my bed then stand. I stretch for my gun but its not there. I glance for my watch but its not here either. I got nothing. This is hell.

As I keep thinking of a way to free from here I hear the footstep from outside. I rush the the door and stay by. The moment the door wide open I slip behind it.

"Stop playing, come out." I freeze hearing Riono voice. I did't budge or more like I don't want to move.

"Come out." He orders again.

I peek slowly from my spot and meet his amusing glare. He is smiling evily. I don't have anything to defend myself.

"Little mice..come out." He calls again.

"What." I growl and walk out from my hiding spot toward the bed.

"You own me something." He smirks.

"How much I own you fancy boy?" I smirks back.

"A play." He walk closer to me.

"Really? That's all. I though I own you something much valuable." He keep approaching me making me shudder in fear.

I act bravery cause I don't want him to see how weak I am. Then he reach my spot and lock our view. I glup my dry throat looking into his dangerous glare.

"I caught you little mice. Got no way to run now."

Before his arm reach mine, I squat down and pass his side. I run toward the door but its lock so I glance back to him again. My body just cover in cold sweat.

"Why do you keep running away." He hiss harshly.

"Let me go. Then you'll live." I yell.

His gaze didn't change. Its so tense that I feel like he could kill me in a second.

"I got nothing to offer you. I'm just a nuisance. You'll get nothing from me. Just let me go." I persuade him again but his gaze still didn't change. Instead he walk toward me again in his calm but dangerous vibe.

"Just what do you want from me..!" I'm getting frustrated with him.

"You got my attention little mice. How can I let you go after you insult me then kiss and trick me. You are brave enough to pointed a gun on my face. And now there are some kind of mafia chasing after you and you pull me inside you little game."

"Its not my intention. Just let me go. You're a Reifan. They're not stupid enough to offence you." I yell again.

"Still no." He refuse in his most confident attitude.

"Stupid shit Reifan.. Can't you understand words. They want me. They'll do anything to get me. You let me go then you'll be safe." I can't believe he is this arrogant and clueless.

He stand in front of me that lift my chin. He stare straight into my pale eyes with his beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"Just let me go." I emphasize.

"You shouldn't pull me in your game." He reply.

"Its a mistake. Just let me go." I push him lightly as he start pinning me on the door.

He keep staring at me. But the gaze turn odd and I can't read his expression. "Why did you ask me to run away with you?"

What is he talking about. I don't understand. We were talking about me and the mafia, so what the hell with this me and him running away.

"I don't understand." I ask back. "What're you talking about."

"Why did you pull me to run with you.. in the mall?" His voice soften all the sudden.

I blink few times remembering our running away moment. I did drag him in my mess.

"Why?" He mention again.

"I don't know." I shake my head toward him.

"You can ditch me and just run away by youself. So why did you pull me?" He ask again firmly.

I shake my head again. "I don't know Reifan."

"You can trick me and run away alone but why did you pull me?" This time he ask in a demanding voice.

"I don't know."

"You can ---"

"Bullshit Reifan. I don't know. Stop asking." I cut his line.

"You can but.. you choose to drag me along with you instead. Why?" The word choose just hit my weak point.

I remember all my running away moment and fighting hard to survive. I don't want to run anymore. Its tiring. I can feel my eyes slowly watering.

"I don't want to run alone. I'm scare." I wisper.

"Then don't run. I got you."

With that he pull me into his chest. the tears that I hold stream freely down my cheek. I cry as much as I want.

"I'm scare. I don't want to be alone. They are going to kill me. I don't want to die." I blurt out things I store for years.

I cry and I mumble nonsense thing like I want to eat pizza, I want to watch movie and I want to pat dog. I keep mumbling things I wish I can do. How did he see through me.