Chapter 23 - Lie And Betray

Riono pov

I sit in silent looking at her barely alive state. I'm such a fool. I should have someone guard her there. Why did I never think of this posibilities.

"How is she?" Choel question got my attention.

I sigh and shake weakly. She walk toward her and sit beside her bed. I glance back at the door and find Deemia walk inside join us.

"You are a mess." Deemia comment on my unusual apperence but I ignore her.

There gather beside Eiji bed and talk among themself. Its suffocating seeing my princess laying motionless. If only I didn't force her to come with me, she'll still be well and live. If only I guard her properly, she wouldn't laying there. Its hurt so much.

"She's very luck. How many times she survive like this. God sure bless her alot."

Choel smack Deemia head and she groan in pain. Deemia imediately shut her mouth looking at Choel icy glare.  I never see Choel look so fearsome before.

"Reifan.. why don't you go and rest. We can take care of her while you gone." Choel speaks to me.

I shake my head and sigh.

"Go Reifan. We can watch her." Tarnisha persuade me.

I shake again. I don't want to leave her side. I don't want her leaves my side either. Please.. Eiji.. wake up.

"Its not like you can do anything by staying here. Just go." Deemia cold tone got me. She's really heartless.

I raise and exit the room slowly. My step feel very heavy as I walk leaning by the wall. Before I realize, I fall down the floor. Why does this feel so painful..??

"Don't be like this."

I look up and meet Leo pity eyes. I pull my knees and hide my face between them. Its too hard to breath.

"She's safe. You got her on time." He coax me but its not working.

"She's not waking up Leo. Its been 2 days. She still not waking up."

"Don' be like this. This is childish ---" He squat down to talks to me.

I push him hardly. "What do you know..!! You don't know anything. If only you do your work properly, she'll never get hurt..!! Its your fault..!!"

"Riono.." Leo eyes wides open and shock by my word.

We exchange look and I realize, I slip. I blame him. I lost self control. I didn't mean that. He looks down the floor and put us in deep silence.

"I'm sorry.." He speaks in his small voice making me flinch.

I grap him arm but he push me aside. "I didn't mean that." I apologize sincerly for my mistake.

But he raise and start to walk away from me. I force my self to chase after him and grap his shoulder before we exit the door. He turn around with his painful expression.

"You're right. Its always my fault. When ever somoeone dying, its always my fault." His tone full of frustration and pain.

"Leo.. I'm sorry." I apologize again. I make another mistake by touching his weak point. Why am I being a jerk right now. I'm so stupid.

He slaps away my hand then walk again. I follow him quitely. "I just frustrated Leo. I'm scare. I don't want to lose her"

"Shut up and come with me." His voice change and I keep tailing him like a lost child.

He guides me into a room after some walking here and there. The room fill with some monitor and Jonathan is there. I look in curiousity as Leo gesture me to sit in front one of the monitor. He turns in on and Eiji room show up.

"Why ---"

"I set some cctv in her room. Its for her safety but you need to watch this." Leo cuts my line and volume up the sound.

"You are awake after all." Choel sound playful over the speaker.

I'm shock to see Eiji is awake and currently siting straight on her bed. She looks pale but why is she awake..? I was there the entiry 2 days but she.. this is ridiculous.

"What took you guys so long to come."

"Chill princess." Deemia act differently.

"Don't chill me idiot. I almost die." Eiji hiss.

"But you still alive."

Choel smacks Deemia again and she turn to Eiji. "I'm glad you are alright."

"Maybe I need to leave." My heart sink in despair listen to Eiji sudden demand.

"Again.." They speak in union and sigh.

Suddenly the door wide open and a tall girl walk in. I turn to Leo but he already looking at me in shock and confuse. That's the girl that pin Leo the day Choel punch me. I remember Choel call her Ari that day.

"Jezzz.. you're always late." Tarnisha hiss but not in a bad way.

"Na.. the leader always late." Ari laugh a moment and lean behind the wall.

"So what now? Defend or counter attack?" Choel ask.

"Hide." Ari speaks in her authority voice.

I don't understand anything of their content. What is happening..? I do know their little gathering but what is this? They act like some secret organisation. But the most confuse part is, if she's awake, why did she lie to me?

"Where do I hide this time?"

"Italy. Mia, you arrange it." Ari gives out oders and Deemia just nod briefly.

She's leaving me again. Why..? I show her enough but why is she still leaving me..? She keep betray me and taking for granted of my care and effort.

Why..??
Does a Reifan love is not enough for a princess.