Chapter 2 - "I Know Everything."

AVALYNN'S POV

"Do you want me to wait for another day? I arrived an hour ago

"Do you want me to wait for another day? I arrived an hour ago. I don't like waiting. Do not waste my time."

                She looks like she hates being lectured when she walks in. "I'm sorry. Unlike you, I have a responsibility as a student, a daughter and a girlfriend to someone I love and cherish."

                I scoff. "Too bad because now you're using my last name, Nicole Grimaldi." I hear her famous tongue clicking.

                "I thought we had a deal about this. You do your things and I'll do mine. We both hate each other and this marriage is a joke."

                Kelly suddenly appears behind her and goes to my side. She leans in and whispers into my ear."Seems like we have an uninvited guest. He was found hiding in the captain's lavatory."

                Did she? ... I smile. "Let him stay inside that lavatory. Tell the captain he may use the one I'm using if he needs to go."

                Kelly nods.

                Nicole takes a seat near where I am and looks at the book I'm reading. I notice she's trying to read the book description at the back. I put down my book just to see what she's up to.

                                "You know if you want you could just ask for it."

                She scoffs and takes one of the books on the free seat."You read a lot of thrillers. They were all over your apartment when I first moved in. How do you even find the time to read books?" She asks.

                "It's not that hard to read a book during your free time. You have a lot of free time like when you're on the toilet, before you go to bed, even when you have your meals.  That's all  free time." I reply while turning my book to the next page.

                "Lady Grimaldi, here's your wine." The flight attendant offers a wine glass to me.

                "Thank you." She turns to Nicole. "Do you need anything to drink?"

                Nicole thinks for a moment. "Soda and some snacks would be nice." She smiles.

                The flight attendant smiles and continues to do her job.

                "How do you even live like this? Don't you feel suffocating being surrounded by your workers?" She asks after she thanks the flight attendant.

                "Why would I feel suffocated by the people who take care of my chores and get things done for me?" I ask her back.

                "Honestly, I will never win whenever I talk to you."