Chapter 13 - Ava's Truth

NICOLE'S POV (Put on Vespertine Bloom while reading this chapter)

          She winked? Why would she ....

          "Hey!" I am surprised.

          Without thinking of asking my permission, she takes my crutch away and carries me like a princess to the middle of the dance floor. Everyone is looking at us wondering what she's planning to do.

          "I was hoping that you would, you know, weight a little heavier than this. My my ..." she chuckles before she starts to twirl around while her eyes focus on me.

          "What are you doing?" I ask worried she might hit someone on the dance floor.

          "Dancing, of course .... with my wife. Since you can't dance with that ankle of yours, why not carry you like a princess?" She smiles before she avoids colliding with Mary and Prince Daniel.

          I blush a deep shade of red when everyone's eyes are on us. Man, this woman really knows how to gain attention to herself. I thank God when the music ends and she finally lets me down, giving me my crutch again. I sigh in relief.

          "Wow... just wow, Nicole." I hear Mary say when she comes to my side. "Who would've thought you're into that kind of thing. I've never seen you do that with your exes."

          Of course, they didn't do what she did. They didn't have the balls like she does .... even though she's a woman. I notice she's dancing with her sister now.

          "Anyway, why are you here? I thought you were getting mushy with Prince Daniel." I nudge her side.

          She suddenly sighs. "Those bothers stole him from me right after we ended the dance. I know I know it's normal for him to dance with anyone else since he's single, but still ... I want to have him." She makes a cute tiger sound to end it.

          "You sound like a preseason rather than a woman who seeks romance." I comment.

          "Seems like Aunt Amelia landed herself one of the biggest fish in the sea."

          She is referring to THE president himself.

          "Well, Ava's taste in men for my aunt seems a little high."

          Suddenly, a man who looks like a prince greets us. After introducing himself as Prince Zachariah, he faces Mary and asks for her hand. "May I have this dance with you?"  He asks politely.

          Mary winks at me before she takes the Prince's hand. He leads her to the middle of the dance floor and starts to dominate the dance floor with their aura.

It seems more like a challenge to me though when both Prince Zacahriah and Daniel make eye contact. Mary doesn't seem to notice, but ... I think .... Daniel is jealous of this development.

          "Here we go again. I can't believe those two. But, seeing from his reactions he seems to be fond of Mary." Ava's right. Daniel seems rather agitated. Wait, Ava? I thought she was dancing with her sister.

          Not long after, Ava's father gain everyone's attention when he announced his big news to all of the investors and guests at the party.

          The thing is, I didn't practice my facial features at all for this party like I did for the runway show.

          When my father-in-law announces both of our names as the new faces of this company, I am baffled. I never knew that having the second largest share would permit me to be on this stage and  smile at all these important people.