Chapter 21 - "The Help."

AVALYNN'S POV

          "Are you sure?" I ask her one more time. It's a very plain dress if I may say, but then again, it's her wedding, her choice.

          "I think this is the one that I'm looking for. Beautiful isn't it?"

          Well if she approves, i approve. I look for the salesperson. "Where's your jewellery set?" I ask.

          "Right this way, ma'am."

          We both follow the saleswoman to another part of the boutique. It's convenient how this boutique sales every brand they could think of.

          "You don't have to choose a tiara. I'm sure Rina already bought one for you from Astor."

          Nicole nods while she looks around at the shop. I take a seat on a couch while waiting for her. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Are you busy after this?"

          I shake my head no. "I'm done with all of my work for today. Why?"

          I'm curious. She never asked before.

          "My mom asked us to have dinner at my home. Is that all right? Besides, I think they should know about this second wedding, too."

          Oh yes. I forgot that her parents and sisters haven't met Rina before. "So you want me to talk to your parents?" I ask just to make sure.

          "Well if there's no trouble or should we wait for Rina?" She points at one of the displayed jewellery.

          I stand up and stand beside her. "A choker? Nice choice. Put it on the bill."

          The saleswoman nods.

          "Don't I have to try it first?"

          I smile. "Everything that you put on will be amazing on you." I look down at the display case and point at one of the earrings. "How about this one?"

          She gasps. "The price ...."

          "Rina can afford them. She's a Duchess after all." I cut her off and put it on the bill as well. I go to another display case and ask her to pick again. "Which one? Just choose anything that perks your taste. Like I said, Rina can afford it. Just shop to your heart's content." I smile.

          She looks down and searches for anything that might take her interest. "How about that?" She points.

          "Nice choice. Is that the one?"

          She nods.

I am filling out the necessary information for the billing when I notice she's looking at something inside the display case. "If you want it, I can buy it for you."

          She turns around with a smile but shakes her head in the end. "Do not waste too much money." She smiles and comes to my side.

          I continue to fill out the form and smile at the saleswoman. I sigh in relief. "So, Where are we going?" I ask.

          "My parents' house. Like I said earlier, we haven't told them about Rina and the wedding." She sighs....

          "Are you ready to tell them?" I ask when she enters the changing room. I wait for her to reply.

          "Nope. I'm not. They're the old school kind of parents who believe marriage should be about loyalty to one spouse not two or three. How am I supposed to change their mindset about that?" She walks out in the clothes she came in earlier.