Chapter 31 - "Family is everything." END

NICOLE'S POV

*5 years later*

            "It's a girl." Alice smiles before she places my newborn daughter on top of me.

            Without realising it myself, my tears begin to flow down my cheeks until Ava wipes them off for me.

            Rina is smiling as well before she kisses my daughter on the forehead. "Whats her name? Do you have anything in mind?" Rina asks.

            "I don't know ... I asked Ava to think about it since I am bad at figuring out names."

            They chuckle.

            "How about Marie?" Rina suggests.

            "Marie Grimaldi." Ava says it and hums. "It does sound lovely. What do you think, hun?" She asks me.

            I look down at my daughter and smile. "Marie sounds amazing. Thanks, Rina."

            Rina leans in and gives me a kiss.

            A nurse comes and takes the baby away because they need to clean my lower part.

            I doze off from the exhaustion of being in labor for hours. By the time that I wake up, I am already in the wardroom. As I open my eyes, the white ceiling is the first thing that greets me. When I turn to the side, I see Rina, with her glasses on working on something.

            She looks up and smiles. "You awake? Do you want something to drink?" She asks as if she knows what's on my mind.

            I give her a little nod.

            Rina stands up from her seat and goes to poured a glass of water for me.

            "RONALD GRIMALDI, GET BACK HERE!" I hear Ava's voice by the door.

            Not long after hearing that, the door is opened, revealing a little kid running towards me. "MAMA! SAVE ME!" Before he can jump on the bed, Rina manages to catch him by the collar.

            "Ronny, mama is not healthy enough. You should apologise to mom." Rina's voice makes him freeze. . "Ronny ..." Rina's pissed.

            "Rina, don't be mad at him." I pat on the empty space on the bed.

            Rina sighs and does as told. "You shouldn't be too soft on him, or he will step on our heads when he grows up."

            I chuckle when he hugs me obviously afraid. "I don't think he will end up like that since you and Ava always yell at him. He's a kid, a five-year-old kid. He's naughty. Am I right, Ronny?"

            He nods.

            "Ronald!" Ava walks in, and I feel his hold tighten around me.

            "Ava dear, stop being so evil to him. My poor son!"

            Ava sighs at me before he shows us a shredded paper.

            "He put this important paper inside a shredder machine while I was looking away."

            I stare at her. "Is your child more important than your work? Tell me, Ava." I ask.

            Ava sighs again. "My child is important. It's fine, Ronald. You're forgiven." Ava smiles, forcefully.

            "It's fine, Ava, I'll help you with it later." Rina offers her help.